Light-O-Rama Forums

Advice: NOT Technical

ericnagel

Another tip: when you're done playing with your CCRs inside, before you take them outside, LABEL THEM! I now have a 50/50 shot of having them in the right location... luckily the fix is quick.

well.... I think it was my second year lighting when i fell off the peek of my roof,it was not a pleasant experience at all. So my first piece of advice is make sure around the border of the house you always have huge bushes. my azalea bush saved my life....no joking. second piece of the advice if your roof happens to be as steep as mine is where a harness and tie yourself to something that won't allow you to fall. do not tie yourself to a chimney....... really bad idea,lol. And lastly, if all of the above fails, don't go on a steep roof! or Do like I do now and just rent a cherry picker every year!

ericnagel wrote:

jstorms wrote:
Never do a TV interview.

Why not? Just wondering...

I send video of my display to the 3 major network news stations here in Buffalo, and they usually air what I send them (no interview)

There was a display in Ontario Canada that had so much traffic they had to pay for the police to be there to direct traffic.......and that gets costly......so the display folks said.

Where does that money come from?

Ralph D wrote:

well.... I think it was my second year lighting when i fell off the peek of my roof,it was not a pleasant experience at all. So my first piece of advice is make sure around the border of the house you always have huge bushes. my azalea bush saved my life....no joking. second piece of the advice if your roof happens to be as steep as mine is where a harness and tie yourself to something that won't allow you to fall. do not tie yourself to a chimney....... really bad idea,lol. And lastly, if all of the above fails, don't go on a steep roof! or Do like I do now and just rent a cherry picker every year!

Ralph, the scene where Clark goes sliding off the roof trying to staple the lights to the shingles just popped into my mind! Hope you were/arrre ok :D