Light-O-Rama Forums

Getting Colors to match in S3 for RGB devices

JeffBlan

I have had this issue since I started programming my first CCR 2 years ago. I'm wondering if there is anything in S3 that now helps this.

My main problem is that I have my own "White" settiing on an RGB channel. I set Red to 100, Green to 42 and Blue to 4 to get my "Warm White" which matches all the other white lights in my display (close to a VERY dull yellow).

Anyway, in the sequence editor, and on the visulaizer, these settings look more orange then the warm white I'm looking for.

I used Brian's SuperStar software last year and he made his own calcuations in the program so when you play back the sequence in SSEdit, it would be closer to what you would actually see on the CCR.

It doesn't appear that the software for S3 (the regular sequence editor) has changed in regard to this.

I also have similar problems with my Yellow (Red 100, Green 22) and Orange (Red 100 Green 10). Creating a "Yellow" color in the editor (Red 100 Green 100) does NOT produce Yellow on the CCR.

I've been reading a little about the Dimming Curve. Is that something we could setup on the CCR's that would allow us to pick Yellow (Red 100, Green 100) in the editor and we would see Yellow on the CCR?

This has been the hardest part of sequencing the CCR's that I have had.

Thanks!

Jeff

The good news is that the foundations for what you are asking are already written for both the Visualizer and the Sequence Editor. We are aware of the problem.

What we haven't had a chance yet to do is compute all the different values for each color based on the device type. That's not as easy as it sounds. Once that is done in a future release, everything will look better - in both the Vis and the Sequence Editor.