Light-O-Rama Forums

Issue with Compressed file and Video Media

KenL_MCSE

I have been testing my show and have found a glitch;

When I have use compressed sequences enabled; the first show runs fine. The next show I get the following on all Video sequences but not on mp3 sequences.

7:30:00 AM: Starting show: C:UsersklovelyDocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesMainShow.lss
7:30:00 AM: Loading compressed sequence: C:UsersklovelyDocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesLet It Show 2011_LORDMX.lms.lcs
7:30:01 AM: Starting Musical: C:UsersklovelyDocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesLet It Show 2011_LORDMX.lms.lcs
7:30:01 AM: WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER ERROR (Error playing media file): Musical: C:UsersklovelyDocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesLet It Show 2011_LORDMX.lms.lcs
7:30:02 AM: Ending Musical: C:UsersklovelyDocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesLet It Show 2011_LORDMX.lms.lcs

But if I uncheck use compressed sequences, media player finds the video without any issues and the show runs fine.

9:00:00 AM: Starting show: C:UsersklovelyDocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesMainShow.lss
9:00:00 AM: Loading sequence: C:UsersklovelyDocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesLet It Show 2011_LORDMX.lms
9:00:01 AM: Starting Musical: C:UsersklovelyDocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesLet It Show 2011_LORDMX.lms
9:02:19 AM: Ending Musical: C:UsersklovelyDocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesLet It Show 2011_LORDMX.lms

10:00:00 AM: Starting show: C:UsersklovelyDocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesMainShow.lss
10:00:00 AM: Loading sequence: C:UsersklovelyDocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesLet It Show 2011_LORDMX.lms
10:00:01 AM: Starting Musical: C:UsersklovelyDocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesLet It Show 2011_LORDMX.lms
10:02:19 AM: Ending Musical: C:UsersklovelyDocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesLet It Show 2011_LORDMX.lms

Hmmm...

The Show Player will use the compressed sequence if and only if all of the following are true:

(1) "Use compressed sequences" is on;

(2) The compressed sequence for this sequence exists;

(3) The compressed sequence for this sequence is newer than the sequence itself.

I guess it could be the case that the compressed sequence was copied from somewhere else, and was newer, but had different contents.

What happens if you delete the compressed sequence, and set "Use compressed sequences" on? What should happen is that the first time that sequence is to be played, the Show Player should use the regular sequence, but create the compressed sequence, and in future plays of that sequence, should use the compressed sequence.

Could you please send me (bob@lightorama.com) copies of:

(1) Your schedule files;

(2) Your show file;

(3) Your sequence files;

(4) Your compressed sequence files?

Thanks.