Light-O-Rama Forums

How Can I test my Video Projector w/out the R485 Comm Port

David Barnett

HiFolks doing some testing of my vid camera and sequences.

Works great from the Seq. ed playing the Seq.

However, when I create an On Demand show, I'm getting a Comm Port7 Error. (8002) I think. Comm Port not open error. Also, said something re a serial port.

So, how canI set this up "Show On Demand" and play my vids.

Do I actuually have to be hooked up to a controller?

Checking the Hardare Util, it does show a Comm 7 Error.

I jsut want to run my seq. from the laptop, to see how everyhting flows.

Is there a way to do this w/out conflicts.

Thanks for any Info.

Best,
David

I use the vga port on the laptop to play my projector. If you use the double screen setting on the laptop and then select the second screen on the video preferences of the sequence editor, anytime you play a wmv file it shows on the projector. (By the way, you use the wmv for the audio of the sequence)

(Edit: I purchased a 100 ft vga cord and run it to the projector from my laptop)
Don

hi don, thanks. that is what I am doing as well. my problem comes from trying to play my vid seq. using the on demand. want to test how things run.

but I get that comm error, just trying to see how I can test my stuff w/out having to utilize the comm port.

thanks for taking the time to give input. got a ticket into support, so hopefully someone can help me...clock is ticking.

best,
David

David Barnett wrote:

Do I actuually have to be hooked up to a controller?

Checking the Hardare Util, it does show a Comm 7 Error.

Hooked up to a controller? No.

Have at least the USB485 adapter connected, yes. When it's not connected, that's the error message you will get when the software goes to look for it.