Light-O-Rama Forums

idmx and LOR software

dave carlstedt

I understand how to work with incandescent lights and how they appear on the computer monitor when programming a show....but not sure how it may appear on the monitor with the software when programming a dmx lite fixture with infinite colors (RGB) Is there anyone that can show an example of the screen when programming an LED fixture. Also, I have a dmx color pallete that has multiple colors and configurations....can LOR's IDMX handle that? thanks for any clarification....and examples would be great....(how it looks on the computer screen..)

Dave,
Below is a quick screenshot of an RGB setup. I'm using it to control RGB Pixels via DMX. In the picture Pixel #1 (iDMX D6.1.1) is expanded so you can see the 3 subchannels, the rest of the channels (iDMX D6.1.2 and on) are collapsed so you only see what the pixel color will be.
You can create any color by setting the individual R G and B channels, or you can pick the color. I haven't done it in a while, but i think the easiest was in v2.8 was to use the Color Fade tool and set both start and end colors to be the same.

hope that helps,
dave

BTW, you can either use the DMX values (0-256) or the LOR fade values (0-100) to change the intensity of each color. Either works just fine.

Attached files 273807=15127-RGB1.jpg

That screen shot was of an "animation" sequence (no music).

If you create a Musical sequence, there will be a Waveform icon on the tool bar.

• The topic was locked