Light-O-Rama Forums

Lengthening a Sequence or adding time issue

paulanator

I have a short Musical sequence (mp3 file) that was a bit short, so I added about 1 second to it.

The sequence will not play past the original end.

The orig end was at 4.99 and I now have it going to 6 secs. I added a couple of timing grids in the new area to see if that would make a difference, and it did not.

I saved, closed and reopened, same thing, will not play to the end of the new time, 6 secs. It always stops at the old end, 4.99 secs.

I have done this before (in S2) and never had any problems. I am using Version 3.02 right now.

Am I missing something?

Attached files 273427=15099-songlength.JPG

Here is how I got it to work;

Using Audacity I added 3 seconds to the end of a song using the generate:silence command and saved it as an MP3

In sequence editor I opened the sequence and assigned the new MP3 using edit:media file. Then I used the edit:change total time and added 3 seconds on the length of the sequence.

When I play the sequence it plays the added 3 seconds of silence at the end.

Hope that works for you

Bruce

I have done it that way, I thought you were supposed to be able to add it to the end of the sequence, and it added to the total time.

Thanks Bruce, I will just do it the manual way... :)

No, you just can't add the time if there is nothing in the MP3 to correlate with it.

That is if your MP3 is exactly 1:00.00 minute long and you add an additional .15 second timing as an example, the sequence would still end at exactly the end of the MP3, 1:00.00 minute, like Bruce said, the only way to add the extra time is to add a silence to the end or beginning of an MP3 file for what you need, and then reload the new modified MP3 and then add the extra timing(s) you require the sequence to be to match it.

I thought you could just add time to the end of a sequence originally too, found out on my own when that didn't work, I had to modify the MP3 file itself. It would be nice if a longer, or even a shorter MP3 was loaded that the sequence would adjust itself automatically to the new timing, but it doesn't. It only adjusts on the very first load of the MP3, after that, any changes to the time via an MP3 edit MUST be done manually.

Maybe this is something we should add to the LOR WishList?, Having the timing reset when a short or longer MP3 is loaded to replace the one in the current sequence. I think it'd make the task of changing to a new time a little easier, but you'd still have to manually make other changes along the channels, since you'd now either have blank blocks with no lighting commands, or your commands would be cut off incorrectly and need to be deleted or modified in each channel.

Just no real easy way when it comes to adjusting the timings.

Ok, I must have been dreaming that I did.. lol

Thanks, I will just be unLAZY and do it the right way.

It actually makes sense from the technical aspect, but as a user, why even have that feature, since it really does not add time to the whole sequence?