Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencing Shift Key

seankovacs

I'm not sure if I have a setting wrong, but it's really annoying that if you have the Shift key held down and move the mouse, it selects every cell between the original selected cell and where your mouse cursor is at. I have a lot of the tools bound to Shift + Letter, so I often just hold the shift key down while trying to find the right cell to select. Sometimes I have to change something, making the mouse move, thus selecting a new range. Annoying...

I have a new binding map, so Shift itself isn't bound to anything....

The settings sound normal as all programs. The shift key thing is the same for LOR, as it is for excel, word and other computer programs.

This video tells a different story...

I'm aware that while holding shift AND clicking with your mouse, it will select an area, but holding SHIFT and moving your mouse shouldn't, like in Excel. :)

seankovacs wrote:

This video tells a different story...

I'm aware that while holding shift AND clicking with your mouse, it will select an area, but holding SHIFT and moving your mouse shouldn't, like in Excel. ;)

I see what you're saying now (clicking vs moving of the mouse)

Mine does the same thing in LOR since day once (2005) that I never noticed it being a problem.

Good luck.

Yeah, it's not necessarily a problem...now that I'm actually using the keyboard shortcuts, i find myself running into accidents brought on by this shift key thing... I'm sure it serves a purpose perhaps...