Light-O-Rama Forums

Changing Unit numbers in the channel configuration

steve synek

This works............sort of.

I just tried to re-organize my controller numbers so there was some order to there assigned unit IDs. I now have over 30 controllers and wanted the unit ID number to help in identifying where they are located in the yard. ( I know they can be placed in any order, but that doesn't fit my personality- I need order). As I have added different items, I wanted the controllers to be in order by unit ID - consecutive numbers for candy canes and mini trees etc.

If you want to change controller "01" to "02" and take the old "02" to "03", You have to change the old 02 first. Other wise you change both controllers when trying to change the old 02 to 03.

I hope this makes sense. Plan ahead and move some controllers to unused Unit ID numbers, than move them back to the corrected unit ID so you don't have to manually change unit IDs channel by channel.

Also, watch out so you don't inadvertently double up a Unit ID..........I would hate to manually change all of a CCRs unit ID.

Steve

Yeah, this is the same as changing hard drive IDs when adding or plugging in a new drive to copy/clone. Rename the ID something higher up, freeing the lower ID to start swappin' ID's to consecutive #'s..