Light-O-Rama Forums

S3 install on new computer

jallenl

Just tried to install S3 on another computer, the one that I plan to use for my shows. When I tried to open up the sequencer there is a window by LOR that tries to install Direct X. It closes out and goes throught the Direct install over and over and over again. Only way to stop the install procedure is to go to the task manager and cancel. Made sure directX 9 is install on the computer, have removed and reinstalled S3 but cannot get through this issue. need help

Actually if I open any part of S3 the direct x install starts and runs over and over.

Thanks for the idea Bob, went back and removed S3 cleaned everything up with PC Tools and reinstalled S3. All is good.

Hey Bob or Mike, if DirectX9c is already installed (and, really, who -doesn't- have it already?!), is there a way to bypass/opt out of S3 installer trying to re-install it?

No, the way that Microsoft stuff redistributes is out of our control, as far as I know.

I think it doesn't really reinstall, though - I think it just winds up noticing that you've already got it installed (after receiving your permission to install it). I could be wrong about that.