Light-O-Rama Forums

Want my music to play outside using computer speakers

Linda

doug petschke wrote:

LOL Bill

perhaps he should turn his hearing aid up?

by the way there are alot of interesting ideas here this can be acomplished in sooo many ways. Since I work the audio video field I found this an interesting thread.

Linda,

since you are in Texas it does not get so cold , purchasing a stereo system off good ole Craigs list or even a local goodwill store and placing it outside ( in some sort of shelter of course to keep it dry) would be a cheap alternative. the cold really kills electronics

If you really want to get fancy you can buy an X-10 appliance module and use your LOR program to turn on and shut off the stereo system at the beginning end of the show

www.smarthome.com

also sells a little remote control power module too

similar to this

http://www.smarthome.com/73109RC/Skylink-WS-100A-Wireless-Remote-Control-Channel-A/p.aspx

the headphone idea is good too! you can also buy self amplified speakers to do it this way but they get to be a bit expensive..

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I couldn't try them out because I was having trouble with the transmitter. I plugged an extension cable from the speakers to the stereo and it works great. No sound from the indoor computer speakers! If I come across a good buy on outdoor speakers or good computer speakers I may try that instead of the stereo, but for now I'm happy with what I have! I think I'll get better sound from the stereo anyway.

have outdoor speakers/amp and transmitter. last year used the channel that controls the sign to also run the amp. had to change a few times and all but it worked great! one more option

Linda. I had the same problems last year. I found an outdoor wireless speaker that I place out by the sidewalk. I has it's own volume control so it can be adjusted as needed. I just use a Y out of my laptop and split one to my fm transmitter and the other to my wireless transmitter.

Jim