Light-O-Rama Forums

Falling off a roof

testraub

Tom, sorry to hear but good luck with the surgery and hoping for a speedy recovery for you.

George Simmons wrote:

Glad you're okay Tom.

But I've gotta ask... Am I the only one who saw the thread title and then looked right expecting it to have been started by Jimswinder?

You were not the only one George. Glad you didn't hurt you coccyx Tom!

George Simmons wrote:

Glad you're okay Tom.

But I've gotta ask... Am I the only one who saw the thread title and then looked right expecting it to have been started by Jimswinder?

I admit it - I did!

Since this thread is 6 months old, I hope you are doing well.

k6ccc wrote:

Since this thread is 6 months old, I hope you are doing well.

6 months old, but after 5 months of sucking it up, it appears he just found out that he needs to go through the surgery. Damn.

Good luck, Tom! Hoping I don't have to make a similar post after this weekend. Finally warm enough for me to get all my lights down, but it's gonna be windy. :?

• 4 weeks later...

well, have had the surgery (4/3). Been up ALL night due to pain. 3-4 weeks in a sling, and then monthes of PT. Look like shortened "get ready" season.

Tom Straub

I took a fall last October putting up the LAST Halloween item. Broke both bones in lower left leg and obliterated the radial head in my right arm. Spent two months in a wheel chair, one month on crutches and still in PT to get all my parts working again. This will not stop me from going o the roof again, just going to be a little more cautious than I already was.

• 2 weeks later...

OH THE AGONY! Just found out that the board I sent to LOR for repair will arrive today, AND THEN to add insult to injury, my CDI order will arrive next Tuesday.

It's just not fair... New toys, and I can't play with them!

Tom Straub

I understand the torture. I've got stuff to do so I can get the first 16 channels of my landscape lighting operational, and I chipped a bone in my elbow a couple days ago. Definitely gonna slow me down.

BTW Tom, it's been a little over a week since your surgery - how's it going?

k6ccc wrote:

I understand the torture. I've got stuff to do so I can get the first 16 channels of my landscape lighting operational, and I chipped a bone in my elbow a couple days ago. Definitely gonna slow me down.

BTW Tom, it's been a little over a week since your surgery - how's it going?

Not bad. Have had a heck of a time finding a way to sleep comfortablly. See the Doc this afternoon to see what he thinks.

Tom Straub

testraub wrote:

well, have had the surgery (4/3). Been up ALL night due to pain. 3-4 weeks in a sling, and then monthes of PT. Look like shortened "get ready" season.

Tom Straub

Actually, sounds like plenty of time to learn how to program with one hand! :P

Dude...really sorry to hear about that - and hopefully the pain is just normal discomfort and will go away soon. My wife recently had ankle surgery last month after slipping on ice. In January. Of 2011! Like you, she was hoping it was something minor but it never healed on its own.

Best of luck for a quick recovery!

testraub wrote:

OH THE AGONY! Just found out that the board I sent to LOR for repair will arrive today, AND THEN to add insult to injury, my CDI order will arrive next Tuesday.

Tom Straub

Tom, my order will be here Monday. if you want, I can come play with yours for you and you can watch :P

-Gary-

Gary Levelius wrote:

testraub wrote:

Tom Straub

Tom, my order will be here Monday. if you want, I can come play with yours for you and you can watch :P

-Gary-

No comment. :shock::shock:

DonFL wrote:

Gary Levelius wrote:
testraub wrote:

Tom Straub

-Gary-

No comment. :shock::shock:

Chicken!

Rotator cuff takes a long time to heal, almost a year before the discomfort goes away. Been there done that just not from my roof. ouch.

....leaving the play with each others thing alone. :?

I know your pain, I got a Type 3 separation of my shoulder (Total separation of my clavical from the my shoulder (I could move it around like a party trick)) last summer. I had it fixed 3 days before Christmas with the plan that I would take 6-8 weeks off and then do my take down in the middle of Febuary.....broke the appliance holding everything together 5 weeks out in the snow and had to have the surgery done over again only more invasive the second time....2 weeks ago I was moving some stuff at work and stretched out the appliance to the "Almost" breaking point (but not quite) , now I have another 6-8 weeks of no use on it before I can use it. But on a good note, with my wife's help, I managed to finally get the lights off of house this weekend and get the B-Star (if not the mounting frame) off the roof.

Jeff Millard wrote:

Gary Levelius wrote:
Tom, my order will be here Monday. if you want, I can come play with yours for you and you can watch :D

-Gary-

Gary, do you proof read your posts? Or did you place this one on a tee at some sort of twisted self deprecating humor attempt?

Either way, funny post my brother! Made me laugh for a little while anyway,

Jeff

Jeff, I did it so some dastardly person like you would make the comment you did :) Well, you and a couple others I suppose with equally warped minds :)

-Gary-