Light-O-Rama Forums

S3 wont install (update from 2.9.4), error 1305

TJ Hvasta

I continually get "Error 1305, the file c:/xxxx/appdata/temp/{xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx} Verify the file is available..." when I try to install V3.

Windows 7 H.P. LOR 2.9.4 installed, working fine, I killed off the temp files but still get this Error 1305. I d/l'd v3.02 several times, saving as a different name so I get clean files each time. It installed on the laptop, and show computer ok, but wont install/update on the build computer.. :X

Anyone else get this?

I don't think I've seen an error 1305 before. Most things I've read on the web about it seem to assume you're installing from a CD, and tell you things like "make sure the CD isn't scratched".

When you download the installer, do you "save to disk" or "run from here"? I suggest "save to disk", if you haven't already.

Saved to LOR folder, then installed.. each time.. I've never "Run From Here.." as streaming an installer is just asking for troubles.. tho in this case, maybe I should try Run From Here..

If run as admin doesn't work, the next thing I would do is download the file again to someplace OTHER than the LOR Directory (say to like My Documents/Downloads) and then run it from there. It could be that some of the files being created are getting in each others way.

D/L'ed the installer several times, into different locations.. saved as different names too.. ran as Admin.. still having the same "Verify the file exists.." I disabled my AntiVirus (MSE), unloaded just about everything thru Task Manager and it still gives me that 1305 error.. I do get the same error when I try to install Adobe Reader 10.0. I ended up having to find a different .pdf reader, so it isnt just LOR. I didnt mention before that I'm runing Windows 7, 64bit. I'll keep plugging away at it. I have 3.0.2 on my laptop, so I can build on it, then transfer to the show computer in the garage (also Win7/64bit & LOR 3.0.2).

I'll see if I can install it in Safe Mode when I get back home.

You might have something in the background that is causing this. Follow this and see what happens:

Restart Your Computer With Clean Boot
Click the "Start" button, then click the "Run" option. Alternatively, press the "Windows" key and type "R."

Type in "msconfig" in the "Open" field box, then click on the "OK" button with your cursor. This will pop up the "System Configuration Utility" window.

Click on the "General" tab, then click on the "Selective Startup" option below. Deselect the "Process SYSTEM.INI file," "Process WIN.INI file" and "Load Startup Items" boxes.

Click on the "Services" tab and find the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box (near the bottom of the window) and select it with your cursor.

Click on the "Disable All" button, then click the "OK" button. A new window will appear asking you to restart the computer. Click the "Restart" button to restart your computer with a clean boot, which will prevent other programs from interfering with your computer reading the CD or DVD.

Read more: How to Fix Error 1305 | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_6328671_fix-error-1305.html#ixzz1bIJPU8cL

Just to follow the steps.. I'm looking in the Sys Config util on my 32bit Win7 laptop.. It does not have Process SYSTEM.INI, and WIN.INI boxes to uncheck.. those may be entries on the 64-bit General tab.. I dont see them on the 32bit General tab.

As for that 1305 error link above, thanks, thats only for CD/DVD media.. I've seen that link, and about 30 others.. Closest thing that I've found that resembles getting the 1305 "Verify file" error fixed is in Microsoft's KB search.. deleting the contents of the Temp folder thats listed in the installer.. C:UserAppDataTemp{xxxxxxxxxx} ... etc.. and trying to install again..

Disabling all and trying to get it to work with a clean boot, or Safe Mode is the next step.

I may also just have to skip being able to use that 64-bit computer and just work on the others that v3.x will install on.

Thanks you for looking!

FINALLY got S3 installed.. First I went into my User directory, chose Take Ownership to make sure I had control over everything.. That ran for abt 20minutes as it took control of -every- single file on the computer..

Then.. as the error 1305 said it couldnt find the .msi file in the Temp directory, I looked for it.. clicked into the Temp folder, the file was there.. but there is some unknown reason Win7 couldnt see it.. anyway, I right-clicked on the S3 .msi installer, chose Run As Admin and it continued to install correctly! I did have to do that with the original installer window showing on the Desktop, because, had I closed the installer, the Temp folder and its contents would have disappeared.

I had the exact same problem Error 1305, (cannot find the .msi file, Verify the location... yadda yadda..) trying to install Adobe10 upgrade so I'm going to try that.. finally giving me a better .pdf reader for my LOR files.