Light-O-Rama Forums

S3 License Clarity

Guest Guest

In addition to what is mentioned on that page, an upgrade (such as "Standard to Advanced") counts as a license renewal.

So if you have a license that doesn't support S3, and you want S3 at a higher level than you currently have S2, just purchase an upgrade, not a renewal and an upgrade.

So . . . I have two questions, one you are probably all tired of hearing, and the other is one that I haven't seen addressed:

1) I have a S2 version that is not eligible for a S3 upgrade. Since I want to upgrade AND try the the instant sequencer (even though I don't have CCRs), I need to get the SuperStar as well. So all I need is the $45.95 SSE (2 CCR version since I have less than 300 channels) and that includes the upgrade to S3?

2) My old S2 had several licencing seats that were lost to now dead computers, I haven't needed those other seats, but in the upgrade, do I start with the full compliment again, or would I need to have those seats restored if I ever needed to place this on some of my other computers?

Ok, so I am as clear as mud. :shock:

If I do not have any CCR's and I want to have the ability to use the auto sequencer feature I need to renew my current 2.9 advanced license to cover S3 and then purchase Super Star for 45.99 as a add on feature to S3?

How well will the auto sequencer work with my system auto sequencing if I do not have any CCR's? I have a animation file to see how the sequencing works with my programming so does Superstar work with that file to auto sequence?

toddmoon wrote:

If I do not have any CCR's and I want to have the ability to use the auto sequencer feature I need to renew my current 2.9 advanced license to cover S3 and then purchase Super Star for 45.99 as a add on feature to S3?

If you want the 2_CCR license, then you need only purchase the 2_CCR. That will renew your license AND give you the 2_CCR license.

So, for you .. you need only spend $45.99.

Don is correct :) I was in your same boat, Todd, and I simiply purchased the 2 CCR version of SuperStar (for $45.95) and I now have S3 and Superstar working fine (other than user error;)).

Ok so i renewed my advanced license and upgraded to 3.0.Looks like i should have upgraded even more to get the auto sequencer.I still have a few seqences to finish this year.Will i be ok using 3.0 on them? Or do i need to uninstall 3.0 and reinstall 2.9.4 again?

And waht if toddmoon wants to upgrade to S3 now, which upgrade would he purchase?

Don wrote:

toddmoon wrote:

If you want the 2_CCR license, then you need only purchase the 2_CCR. That will renew your license AND give you the 2_CCR license.

So, for you .. you need only spend $45.99.

The first thing to do is check ones license level.

If you are not eligible for S3 and *only* want to 'upgrade' to S3 you need only to *renew* your license.

I did renew my 2.9.4 for 29.95 to S3. I did not realize until afterwards that the auto sequencing feature only comes with the Superstar package.

I have emailed LOR and asked if I can change my purchase to 2 CCR Superstar so I can get the auto sequencing. So far I have not heard back on this.

Had I just renewed to the Superstar package I would have renewed my current 2.9.4 Advanced license to S3 and had the auto sequencing feature I wanted and only comes in the Super star package for 45.99.

toddmoon wrote:

I did renew my 2.9.4 for 29.95 to S3. I did not realize until afterwards that the auto sequencing feature only comes with the Superstar package.

I have emailed LOR and asked if I can change my purchase to 2 CCR Superstar so I can get the auto sequencing. So far I have not heard back on this.

Had I just renewed to the Superstar package I would have renewed my current 2.9.4 Advanced license to S3 and had the auto sequencing feature I wanted and only comes in the Super star package for 45.99.

I am in the exact situation you are.

wallleyes wrote:

toddmoon wrote:

I am in the exact situation you are.

Ditto on that, though I had to do both

I just upgraded to S3, for 29.95, and now would like to add 2 CCR's, so what should i do, upgrade to 2 ccr's ?

Larry Leonhardt wrote:

I just upgraded to S3, for 29.95, and now would like to add 2 CCR's, so what should i do, upgrade to 2 ccr's ?

Unfortunately, yes.

I would then contact LOR and see if they will give you credit for the $29.95 that you spent on the renewal. Why? Any upgrade counts as a renewal.

I sent an email to Dan asking if I could just pay the difference to upgrade to the Superstar 2 CCR since I already paid the 29.95 renewal. Still waiting to hear back on that one.

Don wrote:

Larry Leonhardt wrote:

Unfortunately, yes.

I would then contact LOR and see if they will give you credit for the $29.95 that you spent on the renewal. Why? Any upgrade counts as a renewal.

I did this exact same thing, and LOR DID make it right for me. I thought the ordering information could have been a little clearer, but as usual, LOR helped out. I actually entered a ticket on their web site. Mary fixed it. Great customer service.