Light-O-Rama Forums

Collapsing CCR RGB channels

WayneKremer

There are many times where I have to expand the RGB channels within a CCR to assign the red/green/blue that I want. After I'm done, I would like to be able to collapse all of those channels (50 of 'em for every CCR). Is there some easy way of collapsing them all for any given CCR?

Right now, I have to click on every RGB channel to open and close them and it's eating into my sequencing time. :D Maybe I should look into just using the color picker that would assign the color for all 3 colors, but there are times that I need to copy all reds to another all greens in which the the color picker wouldn't work. Thx!

Wayne

Dang, I was hoping that was going to be an S3 feature. That is a major PIA to expand and colapse them. If your mouse wanders slightly, you get the 3 channel config instead :)

• 4 weeks later...

I would just like to say THANK YOU for putting this request (and wishlist) into the latest version of LOR! Saves mega-time!

Alright Wayne, tell me how this was implemented? I have have been trying to figure it out. I still see the same behavior as in S2. Thanks.

Per the 3.1.2 Help File for What's New:

In the Sequence Editor, clicking on a channel group's expander button expands or collapses the channel group - that is, it makes the channel group's children visible, or hides them. In addition to this, now you can expand or collapse the channel group and all of its descendents:

Holding the Shift key while clicking on a collapsed group will expand it and all of its descendants except for RGB channel descendants; holding both Ctrl and Shift while clicking on a collapsed group will expand it and all of its descendants including RGB channel descendants.

If the group is expanded, holding Shift (or both Ctrl and Shift) while clicking will collapse it and all of its descendants.

In the past, I had to manually open the RGB channels (all 50) for each CCR manually...one by one to make changes. Now, I can simply do a CTRL + Shift and expand the CCR. It will totally expand all of the RGB channels out.

To collapse them, it used to be another 50 clicks to manually close each RBG channel. Now, it is a simple Shift + Collapse the CCR...and they are all now fully collapsed.

This whole concept can be used on a group of groups, etc.