Light-O-Rama Forums

ELL LED Monitoring

jbzeus

I was wondering if there is a way to modify the ELL to be able to see the three LEDs when it's closed up. Once you attach the cat5 cable then screw the bottom of the box on you can't monitor the LED activity. Maybe some kind of fiber optic or something?

Anyone else run into this? Or are they so trouble free you never look at them after installing? My luck I would be checking everything else then figure out the ELL was bad. (Kind of like this year when I couldn't figure out why a 1602 wouldn't work. Opened it up and found the on/off switch. Forgot it had one since I have several ctb16pc units.)

Jeff

I think you have a great idea but the SMT parts on the ELL don't allow for remote LED's. I've brought out the LED on the controllers to an external one and that helps greatly in troubleshooting. FYI - I've had ELL's now for five years (8) and have yet to see one fail.

Mike

Hi radioguy. I've seen the external LED on controllers. Can't remember where but I think it's an LED with a set of a couple wires then mounted on the enclosure side. That is kind of what I was thinking with the ELLs.

Jeff

FYI - I've had ELL's now for five years (8) and have yet to see one fail.

Well, firstly hello again, it's been a long time!
Then, unfortunately I appear to have an ELL which has failed!
As a transmitter it's LEDs display the steady flash when power applied and the "heartbeat" pulse when the Hardware Util is fired up, but a receiving ELL does not show that it is receiving the "heartbeat"

As a receiver the faulty unit again displays the steady flash when power applied, but this time no "heartbeat" pulse on LED2.
I have defaulted all configurations and swapped cables until blue in the face :shock:

My thinking is that the transmitter/receiver part of this ELL has failed, but I'm open to suggestions!

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

Coop wrote:

Have you installed the latest firmware?

Hi Coop,

Yep! All of my ELLs are up to v2.8 firmware :(

Martin