Light-O-Rama Forums

New file extensions saved

Val Bennett

I noticed some new(?) file extensions with S3: .lms.lcs and .lms.lsv. What information is stored in them? Just wondering if I need to back these up along with the .lms file.

P.S. I really like the grouping feature in S3

Val Bennett

The "lcs" file is the "compressed" version of the sequence. Basically, it's a lean and mean version of the sequence that is optimized for loading speed, and which contains only enough information to actually play the sequence. It's used by the Show Player to speed up loading during shows. It is not strictly necessary; if the Show Player doesn't see it, it will use the "regular" sequence (and in fact it will automatically build the compressed sequence, too, so that it can use it in future runs of the show).

The "lsv" file is the "sequence view" file. It keeps track of various visual settings that you've chosen for this sequence - for example how wide the channel buttons are. This is also not strictly necessary; if you don't have the sequence view file, the Sequence Editor will just use the default channel button width (and so forth).

You can read more about compressed sequences here, and a little blurb about sequence views here (search that page for "persistent").

• 1 month later...

You say the showbuilder uses them, but I don't see the DC-MP3 Showtime Director using them or the HWU creating them or using them when you set up a show in it for the Director units.

So that brings up a couple questions:

Will there be a firmware upate for the DC-MP3 Showtime Directors to also use these compressed sequences to make them load and process quicker from the SD Card?

Or will that just not be possible using the Director units?

Orville wrote:

You say the showbuilder uses them, but I don't see the DC-MP3 Showtime Director using them or the HWU creating them or using them when you set up a show in it for the Director units.

Will there be a firmware upate for the DC-MP3 Showtime Directors to also use these compressed sequences to make them load and process quicker from the SD Card?

No, I said the Show Player uses them.

They are not necessary for standalone/SD card sequences (such as via the Simple Show Builder or the Hardware Utility). The information that is put on an SD card (or downloaded for standalone) is already compressed (in a different manner); they do not and never have used the actual sequence files (except for initial creation of what's on the SD card or what is downloaded).

bob wrote:

Orville wrote:

No, I said the Show Player uses them.

They are not necessary for standalone/SD card sequences (such as via the Simple Show Builder or the Hardware Utility). The information that is put on an SD card (or downloaded for standalone) is already compressed (in a different manner); they do not and never have used the actual sequence files (except for initial creation of what's on the SD card or what is downloaded).

Thanks for clearing that up Bob. I just wasn't sure if they were utilized anywhere else or not. Good to know I can just delete them then, as I don't use the computer to run my shows.