Light-O-Rama Forums

Not able to turn cells off by DEL - bug?

WayneKremer

Using an imported S2 file on 3.0.0. Windows 7 x64 Home. Earlier I was able to use the DEL key to turn off a cell, however, later in the day today I noticed that I can no longer use the DEL key to turn a cell off.

I can do pretty much everything else with the cells, but turn them off. I didn't mess around with the keyboard mapping, so the DEL key should remain as turning a cell off. The cell can be turned off by right clicking on it and selecting Off, but the keyboard command seems lost in space.

If I can do or run anything for the Dev team let me know. Thx!

Assuming you're using the default keyboard mapping, the delete key should do an off.

However, is it possible that you're using Background Effects mode? In this case, whatever tool you currently have selected is only applied to areas that are already off. So using the Off tool while in Background mode doesn't seem to do anything.

Bob, I agree that is possible, but wouldn't it behave the same if I right-clicked and chose Off?

I exited and re-entered LOR and the problem went away. If it comes back, I'll let you know. Thx!

No, the things from the right-click menu don't pay attention to the current mode. There are separate items on the right-click menu to apply tools with foreground or background mode.