Light-O-Rama Forums

6 Unit CCR Enclosures

jimswinder

Don Gillespie wrote:

Jim did you lag bolt your frame to your trusses for extra support, it kind of looks like you did but I can't tell from the photo,

no...did not bolt it down at all

with 120lbs of sand and another 150lbs of lights I was not worried about it lifting up...

when my tree fell over it was because it first bent, then the force and weight of the lights broke the pipe...then all that energy had to go somewhere (plus as soon as it bent and broke the guys wires went slack) so it tipped over...

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

with 120lbs of sand and another 150lbs of lights I was not worried about it lifting up...

when my tree fell over it was because it first bent, then the force and weight of the lights broke the pipe...then all that energy had to go somewhere (plus as soon as it bent and broke the guys wires went slack) so it tipped over...

In the one photo with your bottom ring are you going to support that so the weight transfers to the roof that way it won't bend?

Don Gillespie wrote:

jimswinder wrote:

In the one photo with your bottom ring are you going to support that so the weight transfers to the roof that way it won't bend?

the ring ended up sitting on the sandbags...but the ring, at least mine tends to bend UP not down because of the tension I put on the strings that the lights are tie wrapped to...

Don Gillespie wrote:

can't wait to see the finished product being up that high the WOW factor should be large great job
16' Mega tree on the higher peak (was supposed to be my 24' CCB Tree)

12 CCR Tree on the lower peak...

Guest Don Gillespie

Jeff Millard wrote:

jimswinder wrote:

Even with all the ribbing you get for this, you have to know that incident was a very sad time for all of us... It was such a cool design...

Jeff

Thats why we can't wait to see this years tree Jim

Don Gillespie wrote:

Jeff Millard wrote:
Even with all the ribbing you get for this, you have to know that incident was a very sad time for all of us... It was such a cool design...

Thanks Jeff...

you probably already have...just going to be exactly like Brians...

Don Gillespie wrote:

Jeff Millard wrote:
jimswinder wrote:

Jeff

And I'm sure it will stand and be proud for the entire season, just like Jim!!

• 3 months later...

Hey Jim, I'm curious...I'm going to be running 9 CCRs on my two rooflines, 4 on the top line and 5 on the bottom. If you house all the CCRs in a single enclosure, how do you feel is the best way to run the CCRs across the rooflines given the short distance between the power cord and the actual ribbon if they're all in a centralized enclosure?

I do believe you will run into a problem if you try and lengthen the 4 wires going to the ribbon.

If my memory serves me correctly, it has been discussed elsewhere here, and I think you will have a power drop to the LED's at the end of the ribbon and they may not operate properly...

DLTSLC wrote:

Hey Jim, I'm curious...I'm going to be running 9 CCRs on my two rooflines, 4 on the top line and 5 on the bottom. If you house all the CCRs in a single enclosure, how do you feel is the best way to run the CCRs across the rooflines given the short distance between the power cord and the actual ribbon if they're all in a centralized enclosure?
check out this thread:

http://forums.lightorama.com/forum89/27952.html

Thx for the reply. I know there are ways to do it as other people have run ccrs across their rooflines. I'm just curious what wire they used to not fault the signal transfer across the length of the extension.

• The topic was locked