Light-O-Rama Forums

6 Unit CCR Enclosures

jimswinder

This is one of the two enclosures I have built for my 12 unit CCR Tree

The enclosure is 12x12x6 and bought from Lowes

On the bottom are the 6 power units

On top are the 6 controllers and CAT5 connections

On the left side are two weatherproof boxes with 2 outlets each for the Power Adapters

I will probably end up cutting the cables from the ribbons and solder on some Molex connectors (if I have time that is) otherwise they will just go thru the black Cord Grip in the center of the enclosure.

Attached files 270307=14951-ccr enclosure collage.jpg

Awesome. I need to build something like that for my ccr's. Is the entire box water resistant/proof or just the power adapter pieces? Also, where in Lowes did you find them?

Thanks,
Sally

Dave H1 wrote:

Jim,
Looks great....
any chance on seeing the tree??

the "tree" is still in the boxes...

hope to make the mast this weekend...so maybe this weekend I will get er up...

sasmuse wrote:

Awesome. I need to build something like that for my ccr's. Is the entire box water resistant/proof or just the power adapter pieces? Also, where in Lowes did you find them?

Thanks,
Sally

Yes, entire box is weatherproof...same enclosures I used to build and hold 4 controllers.

They are in the electrical department, next to the other Carlon products (grey PVC items).

sasmuse wrote:

Thanks! How are you thinking of staging them? On the ground? Attached to the pole?
this tree will be up on the roof, so they will probably just be lying on the roof next to the mast and base...(picture is of last years mega tree, but will be similar)

Attached files 270412=14952-Mega Tree Stand.jpg

Arnoldc wrote:

Hey Jim, You tree has ALREADY fallen!!! or is it the practice run?

who needs practice?? I have it down PAT!!!! :P

the same enclosures are available at home depot and are $25 instead of lowes which was $34. I installed 12 ccr controllers and power adapters in one of those 12" boxes. I can get some pictures later.

mbettez wrote:

the same enclosures are available at home depot and are $25 instead of lowes which was $34. I installed 12 ccr controllers and power adapters in one of those 12" boxes. I can get some pictures later.

yeah..the only difference really ( I believe) is the attach points on the back...Lowes are a permanent part of the box while Home Depots are screwed on...

Lowes on the left, Home Depot on the right

Attached files 270425=14954-enclosures.jpg

OMG!!!!:shock: How tall is your house? I'm jealous....Hubby light show rules state that I'm not allowed to have anything on the roof even if I'm the one who puts it there. (our roof is 30 feet in the air and very pitched....probably a good rule!

sasmuse wrote:

OMG!!!!:shock: How tall is your house? I'm jealous....Hubby light show rules state that I'm not allowed to have anything on the roof even if I'm the one who puts it there. (our roof is 30 feet in the air and very pitched....probably a good rule!

the level of the roof in the picture above is about 18' off the ground...the higher peak (see pic below), where I had my Weber tree last year, is about 30' off the ground..

if you look closely through the fog you can see downtown Seattle...

Attached files 270433=14953-weber tree rng.jpg

jimswinder wrote:

Arnoldc wrote:

who needs practice?? I have it down PAT!!!! :P

Hey Jim, Her name is not Pat it's Lori!!:D

jimswinder wrote:

sasmuse wrote:
OMG!!!!:shock:  How tall is your house? I'm jealous....Hubby light show rules state that I'm not allowed to have anything on the roof even if I'm the one who puts it there. (our roof is 30 feet in the air and very pitched....probably a good rule!

the level of the roof in the picture above is about 18' off the ground...the higher peak (see pic below), where I had my Weber tree last year, is about 30' off the ground..

if you look closely through the fog you can see downtown Seattle...

Jim; Not to hijack your enclosure thread,.... but is your tree free standing on the roof or do you have guy wires too? Impressive location for the tree!

shfr26 wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
Arnoldc wrote:
who needs practice?? I have it down PAT!!!! ;)
Hey Jim, Her name is not Pat it's Lori!!:(

ahhh...no wonder she looked at me funny when I screamed out Ohhhhh PAT... :D

R Weiland wrote:

Jim; Not to hijack your enclosure thread,.... but is your tree free standing on the roof or do you have guy wires too? Impressive location for the tree!

Four guy wires...two back to the ground and two to the roof...plus four 30lb sand bags on the black "legs" of the supports straddling the roof peak

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

R Weiland wrote:

Four guy wires...two back to the ground and two to the roof...plus four 30lb sand bags on the black "legs" of the supports straddling the roof peak

Jim did you lag bolt your frame to your trusses for extra support, it kind of looks like you did but I can't tell from the photo, on my roof I added a metal roof over the existing roof with all the extra braces I know I would need, seeing as your roof is about 30 feet in the air and then your mast, is 30lb sand bags going to be enough??