Light-O-Rama Forums

Poll - Life before LOR

Jim Saul

Guest Don Gillespie

beeiilll wrote:

Before
I used to drink beer, chase women, and party till the sun came up.

Now I'm older and just like to watch the lights flash and remember the good ole days!

I think I know you :P did the same thing

but really all three static, then the famous christmas box with 6 friggin songs that drove me freaking crazy then LOR :) much happier now.

My display consisted of removing the white flood lights from the security motion detector and replacing with a red and a green bulb. WOO Hoo!!

magish01 wrote:

My display consisted of removing the white flood lights from the security motion detector and replacing with a red and a green bulb. WOO Hoo!!

That's funny, I did the same thing and I set the motion detector to its shortest time setting in test mode so it reacted faster.

pikadroo wrote:

CKSedg wrote:
My display doesn't fit any of the choices to vote. Although there was no music, I had an animated display, which I ran on switching boards that I made myself. Only four channels, but lots and lots of lights. It was all run by an Atari 800 computer. I also wrote the program in Basic. LOR is much easier and so much better. I went from four channels to 152 channels.

I saw another thread about what makes a "veteran" of this hobby... and I am sorry. This is the definition of veteran right here. I love this! You can't beat it. I don't qualify tho...

Similar story, Electronics in high school and some college which kinda blended cuz it was a trade school deal. Anyhow, the project the instructor gave was to manipulate electronic things like coffee maker, hot plate, siren, ect... thru a computer terminal. Once we did that the project evolved to automate a train layout with the computer. Never occurred to us that this could be a product, and we sure never controlled a single light bulb (which looking back seems kinda obvious now).

Drew

Thanks, Drew. I appreciate the compliment. Although I have had a computerized display for about 30 years now, I learn something new every time I log into these forums. I appreciate all the advice and help that everyone is so willing to share.

Craig

i had a gemmy 12 channel pre programed songs i spliced in a plug to use mp3 player to run the lights fair job wasnt happy so started looking on internet came across lor bought my first 16 controler in feb starting converting sequence i found on free down load sight and other that people gave me thanks to all for the help i have 120 sequence now all converted to 16 channel im hook try to do my own know

For years all I did was a static icicles on the edge of roof. Then I saw the ever famous video. Then went to Mr. Christmas, when it first came out, for a couple of years while I saved up and greased the other halfs wheels trying to go LOR.