Light-O-Rama Forums

Just finished 1st DIY board

mjbadb

Just finished 1st DIY board. Had a small hicup and soldered wrong resistor network into 8pin slot. Ruined resistor when i tried to get it out. :shock:

Thank you to Dan and Kevin at LOR for sending me replacement parts fast! Soldered the new parts in and the board fired up! AWESOME!

Lesson: there are 5 8pin resistor networks, make sure they are in the right spots. guess i was too excited and got ahead of myself.

Can wait to order another!:P

Did you know how to solder before or was this your first time with a kit? I'm interested to know, so maybe you could pass on to others just learning, how the soldering went..

TJ

Hi TJ,

This was not my first time soldering a board. This was a first with this many components. My advise is to read the directions of each step, use the 15 watt and 40 watt soldering irons ( i got mine from radio shack), the tape trick works to hold the parts on the board. I placed all the parts in the board first for each step, then turned the board over and soldered all the components at once. It took me a half a day to finish the board.