Light-O-Rama Forums

FM Transmitter

CooBeans

Surfing4Dough wrote:

The Belkin mod does work, but quality is poor and transmission distance is weak. It is hit or miss. I used one with my old Lights and Sounds unit but not sure that it would have sufficed for my setup with LOR. I wouldn't pay more than $20 for one online if you can find one. More than that and I would save the money for something better.

Best quality for the buck is EDM-LCD-CS-EP
$159 shipped
http://www.edmdesign.com/orders.htm

I concur - I should have listened to everyone's advice last year.

I bought the Belkin & did the mod - didn't work - & then "upgraded" to the CCrane - not as good, but did the mod & used a metal ground plate. That was better than the Belkin mod, but it still was horrible quality - mind you that I am in Los Angeles so there are very few vacant frequencies. (I get bleed over from KPBS in San Diego)!

I just ordered the EDM-TX-LCD-EP yesterday - can't wait to give it a whirl.

hay cool you don t know me and i don t know you but im in my first year as well.i looked around and asked like. You have i had little money i bought the edm it ROCKS please don t waste time and good money if yours is like mine next year i might not have 5 cent extra but guess what i got an EDM

CooBeans wrote:

Hi Everybody, this is my second year of LOR, and I'm on a tight budget (200) so I was wondering if any of you know where to buy some good fm transmitters for upwards of $35-40 that would be great!

This is what I use:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/0-5W-500mW-Fm-PLL-Stereo-Transmitter-broadcast-station-/300460113070?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f4d17cae

I have used it without "any" issues for 3 years now! Even BrianC, a fellow LOR user, got one. And this will be his second year with his! Ask him too, what he thinks...

Its only $40 plus shipping

Good luck!