Light-O-Rama Forums

Not A Good Start

jonproctor

I truly feel for you, got that T shirt 10/28/2008. I hope it isn't the Patella tendon, that's about 3 1/2 months of painful rehab. Good Luck on your recovery.

Don Gillespie wrote:

How bad is the ladder? is it broken? :P hope you heel up fast and are not injured to badly.

Ladder is a total loss :( had to shoot it after was discovered to have a broken leg. Burial will take place at the county landfill. In lue of flowers, please send LED lights and/or LOR controllers :D

I will have to have ligaments repairedin knee and get two to three screws in tibia just below the knee and hopefully not have anything else found while they are in there fixin me up.

Guest Don Gillespie

jonproctor1 wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:
How bad is the ladder? is it broken? :P hope you heel up fast and are not injured to badly.

Ladder is a total loss :( had to shoot it after was discovered to have a broken leg. Burial will take place at the county landfill. In lue of flowers, please send LED lights and/or LOR controllers :D

I will have to have ligaments repairedin knee and get two to three screws in tibia just below the knee and hopefully not have anything else found while they are in there fixin me up.

Ouch that hurts, have you got help in setting up your display? I hope so if I lived closer to you I would come over and help you out, get well

jonproctor1 wrote:

Not off to a good start getting decorations up. Took a tumble off the ladder. Surgery Wednesday to fix right knee and leg.

It's the "WINDER CURSE"...you entered my contest!!

:shock:

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

jonproctor1 wrote:
Not off to a good start getting decorations up. Took a tumble off the ladder. Surgery Wednesday to fix right knee and leg.

I thought the WINDER curse never leaves Seattle :P

Don Gillespie wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
jonproctor1 wrote:

I thought the WINDER curse never leaves Seattle :P
apparently it is "branching out".... :D

The winder curse ....
well that will explain what happened today not nearly as bad as what happened to jonproctor
when I was doing yard work and needed to power my tools
I took my generator out of the shed and in the process I walked into it and I banged my knee cap across my generator today then I cursed out my generator well actually the cart I jerry rigged for it

I took a tractor supply garden cart and attached a harbor freight generator to it

Luckly for the generator's sake it worked other wise it would have been in the pile with the bush I was cutting down

Wow, sorry to hear about your spill. Hope you heal up quickly and completely. Love your sense of humor about having to shoot your ladder and to send LEDs in lue of flowers. Glad also to hear others willing to help with the display. Mean time listen to your doctor.

jonproctor1 wrote:

Sorry to here that, did someone get it on Video ? If so lets see it....

Attached files 269625=14924-ladder_safety_falling_accident.jpg

Ouch!!!
Hope all goes well with the surgery! I guess we should all take pause and reflect that this hobby is not without risks. Especially if we have to get on a ladder or roof to deploy our lights and decorations......

RDW

Wow, I hate to see anyone get injured with this wonderful hobby---even a Ute fan! :) [Just kidding.] I hope surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery.

Go Cougars!