Light-O-Rama Forums

Changing the Channel Mode of a CCR

jimswinder

I see where when you "Add Device" you can select the "Channel Mode" (either Triples or Sequential)...

Is there a way to change this once the device is added?

As I thought clicking on Sequential would actually list the Channels such as:

(RED) ccd 1 p1
(RED) ccd 1 p2
(RED) ccd 1 p3
etc....

No, I don't think so (I mean, no easy way - you can of course do it manually).

You could, however, add a new CCR, copy and paste, and then delete the old one.

As I thought clicking on Sequential would actually list the Channels such as (...)

The Sequence Editor always displays them as RGB RGB RGB; the difference is only in the unit / circuit IDs. For example, triples (for three pixels) will be:
  • RGB pixel 1 = circuits 1, 2, 3
  • RGB pixel 2 = circuits 4, 5, 6
  • RGB pixel 3 = circuits 7, 8, 9
While sequential (for three pixels) will be:
  • RGB pixel 1 = circuits 1, 4, 7
  • RGB pixel 2 = circuits 2, 5, 8
  • RGB pixel 3 = circuits 3, 6, 9

bob wrote:

No, I don't think so (I mean, no easy way - you can of course do it manually).

You could, however, add a new CCR, copy and paste, and then delete the old one.

Yeah..think I will wait for S3 as I spent quite a bit of time having to change the network for 6 CCR's (over 900 channels) one channel at a time... and deleting them would require the same tedious mouse clicking :P

Thanks for the quick reply though Bob!!! :cool:

bob wrote:

The Sequence Editor always displays them as RGB RGB RGB; the difference is only in the unit / circuit IDs. For example, triples (for three pixels) will be:While sequential (for three pixels) will be:
  • RGB pixel 1 = circuits 1, 4, 7
  • RGB pixel 2 = circuits 2, 5, 8
  • RGB pixel 3 = circuits 3, 6, 9

I would imagine there is a good reason someone would want to do this that is just escaping my feeble mind right now... :P

I don't know much about hardware, so take this with a grain of salt, but I think there are RGB devices out there which order their pixels in that manner.

In fact the CCR is one of them, although it's a non-default option. I guess maybe you might want to set your CCR up that way if you already have sequences that are built that way for other types of RGB devices? Would make copying and pasting easier, I guess.

bob wrote:

I don't know much about hardware, so take this with a grain of salt, but I think there are RGB devices out there which order their pixels in that manner.

In fact the CCR is one of them, although it's a non-default option. I guess maybe you might want to set your CCR up that way if you already have sequences that are built that way for other types of RGB devices? Would make copying and pasting easier, I guess.

ahhhh...

I'm a little "RGB Challenged"... :shock:

okay A LOT!!!! :P

• The topic was locked