Light-O-Rama Forums

Ready to take the plunge- need as much help as available

bvinson

Ok, maybe I missed this somewhere. So, your not going to use a PC as a show computer? Just strickly a sequencing and programming computer? You do not need the mini director if you plan to use the pc as the show computer. And if you use the PC as the show computer, then it will start and stop the show. Then you wont need the power timer, which is one less thing to fail. But I regress, different strokes for different folks..

The mini director is an excellent way to run your show. Super reliable, works every time, much less hassle, in my opinion, then using a PC as a show computer.

I love my mini-director.

Never pass up an extension cord on sale. did I mention that you need extension cords? you need lots of extension cords. you should probably stock up on extension cords. I I were you, I'd be picking up some extension cords :P

• 4 weeks later...

Made my first investment today- purchased a PC and about 1,300 LEDs from big lots, they have boxes of 120 for $13.50! (still intimidated a bit by the whole LOR thing- I know I'll need lots more lights, just couldn't bring myself to go all in right then...)

Took photos of my yard and will download demo software tonight.

Question- since I'm not going live till Halloween '12, should I wait for a sale on the controllers? Do they have seasonal sales?

in all reality just check all of our websites most of us some free songs you can download and start with move the lines where ever you need them etc.... Good luck in everything I am starting my first Christmas this year did a small 4th of July show this year neighbors LOVED it and wanted more lol drop a line if you need anything

Maybe I will do a July 4th show... never really thought about it before.

My show will be mostly 'character' driven I think, ala Belardo Lights style (not his same characters, but the simple mouth movements)

Will add a photo of my yard with overlay of proposed set up later.