Light-O-Rama Forums

16 Channel Controller

tguidry1

Guest Don Gillespie

JBullard wrote:

Someone local could come pick them up. Shipping would be a killer on 40 ft green 16/3

why don't you move to Medicine hat then I could come and get them :D you better keep them you never know when need an extension cord.

Don Gillespie wrote:

JBullard wrote:
Someone local could come pick them up. Shipping would be a killer on 40 ft green 16/3

why don't you move to Medicine hat then I could come and get them :D you better keep them you never know when need an extension cord.

I have 12/3 cords for general yard work tasks.

I use LEDs. Have rewired controllers to single cord power input, using SPT1. All cords to display items are SPT1.

Have no use for 40-50 16/3 green cords.

John, I'm changing my entire display to LEDs from CDI next year. Do you just run spt and make a jumper for you power cords? If so that would be really nice! I'm tired of hauling around all them heavy cords. What a pain! Thanks
Donny

Normally I just buy the assembled boards (since 2008) put them in my own cases (up to 5 per case) and wire with SPT1 (single power input cord, and SPT1 on all outputs)

I agree, trying to drag two 12/3 cords to each controller and 14/3 to the display elements only lasted the first year when I started with 7 controllers. Decided then, never again!

Regret listening my first year to all those people on here preaching buy extension cords. Wasted a lot of money, they were never the length I needed (too short, too long) takes forever trying to hook up enough short cords to have the correct length.

SPT wire is the way to go.

Just my opinions and what works for me.

JBullard wrote:

Regret listening my first year to all those people on here preaching buy extension cords. Wasted a lot of money, they were never the length I needed (too short, too long) takes forever trying to hook up enough short cords to have the correct length.

SPT wire is the way to go.

Just my opinions and what works for me.
I agree 100%. I am using the heavy extension chords running my Halloween stuff at the moment, and not only it is expensive, but it limited to what I wanted to do. I am using SPT wire for my Christmas display, and that will make my life a lot easier. Next year I will buy another reel of SPT wire so I do not have to deal with the hassle of extension chords.
Now, with that said, the only spot I will use extension chords is from the controllers to the outlets, and (Halloween only) crossing driveway.