Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR power supply failures

nhscott

Hi All,

I recently received 13 new CCR's.

In doing my soak test I have now had 2 power packs fail on me :D

Being from Down under these power supplys are being fed by 240V AC rather than 110V that most of you would be using.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced these power packs failing or if just Murphy come to stay with me for a while?

Feed in power is very clean and stable from a large UPS.

Thanks

Nick

Thanks for the suggestion. I opened another help desk ticket yesterday. My feeling is that it might be a bad batch of supplies, and with the much higher input voltage they just cant cope. Most likely components out of working voltage tolerance. Thought I would put it out there and see if anyone else is having the same issue.

What is a soak test? They are in a water tight container right? Never had a problem with any of my 8 which are set up nearly all the time.

I live in Australia and had 8 CCRs last year, all ran last season without issues. The power packs i had supplied had the US pins and all i did was bend them slightly to suit the Australian pin configuration.

It maybe just bad luck and you got a bad batch or else you may have a high voltage issue at your residence. Normally living in close proximity to a mains transformer can cause you to have a higher voltage than 240v as the transformers are set to cover the voltage drop so the last residence in the circuit under load will not drop their volatge too low.

But i reakon its more a case of just having some bad power supplies and warranty will cover this

• The topic was locked