Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR getting mixed commands?

evandewindt

I just finished mounting my CCRs and went to fire them up and test them before mounting it to my house and im having issues.

When connecting the 2 CCR controllers in series with the cat5e cable, the first CCR in line gets some kind of sporadic ghost signals that are supposed to be sent to CCR #2. CCR# 2 is operating properly even though #1 is all wacked out. when the commands are only being sent to CCR #1, it works perfect and CCR #2 stays off.

Tried switching the series order and it just reverses the problem. Running the CCRs individually on a network they work perfect.

Ive checked all unit IDs and channel numbers and even switched out network cables and USB adaptors... still no dice... bummer im a week late lighting up my halloween display because of this :P

thanks for the help!

Ok figured it out. didnt know much about legacy and normal configurations but I found one CCR had legacy mode active and the other was in normal. How the other CCR ended up in Legacy is beyond me....

Stoked!!
... hope my frustration and simple solution (yet hard for a newb to figure out:P ) helps someone in the future when troublshooting....

• The topic was locked