Light-O-Rama Forums

Strap on Controller

jstorms

• 2 weeks later...

Mounting controllers to column, version 2.

Orignally, I thought I could just strap the controller directly to the column, but this got in the way of wrapping the column with lights plus made it impossible to get into the controller.

The columns on my porch are the ideal place for controllers since it puts them closer to the lights directly above, the lights on the porch, as well as those in the front yard while keeping them out of the rain.

So I took a board and painted it the same color as the house. Put feet on the base and back to protect the stucco. They I bolted the controllers to the board. Along the sides I put cup hooks so that I could wrap the columns with lights without affecting the controllers, and not wasting 25% of the lights by having them face the house.

6249300173_af5896e440.jpg

Once the lights are in place I plan to remove the strap, and also add a security cable to the controllers.

I also added a surge protector. Since I use all LED lights the load is easily handled by a single circuit.

• 1 month later...

Love your inception utilizing that method. I'll have to remember that if I ever have the front of the house redone and add columns to it.

Very nice work, controllers out of sight and hidden and also secure. Excellent idea and job!

• 7 months later...

If you are an engineer you did a better job then the engineers I work with because they would have drawen it in autocad 3 time and still got it wrong.

im disappointed i was expecting some sexual light o rama toy for my wife

im disappointed i was expecting some sexual light o rama toy for my wife

Line for Beta testers starts here

• The topic was locked