Light-O-Rama Forums

Strap on Controller

jstorms

Problem: Need to mount LOR controller on stucco column. Don't want to drill holes in stucco and need to be able to mount controller up high for roof lights.

Solution: Strap on controller.

Materials:
* Drawer handle
* #8 Nuts and 1/2" Bolts
* 8' Lashing straps
* LOR Controller (CTB16PC)
6205543430_fed45cc41e.jpg6205535868_1daa2aa468.jpg

Steps:
1. Stenciled holes on inside cover
2. Drilled out holes
3. Bolted on drawer handle
6205025951_26d3e35b9e.jpg
4. Fed lashing strap through drawer handle and mounted to pole
5. Added 2nd lashing strap to cables.
6205024625_737045904d.jpg

The controller is firmly mounted to the column.

When we mount this for real it will be higher up and we'll also include a security cable.

6205571626_e546fe2c44.jpg

Cool idea. Going to be a slight PITA if you need to get inside the controller. I would have opted to bolt 2 pieces to the back of the box and strapped it that way.

Not 100% sure how it would work, but its just my thoughts.

Nice. I must admit, when I saw the thread title I had to satisfy my curiosity - I'd never heard of using LOR to control a strap on before...

George Simmons wrote:

Nice. I must admit, when I saw the thread title I had to satisfy my curiosity - I'd never heard of using LOR to control a strap on before...

George... George... George... :?

+1

George Simmons wrote:

same here,must have the same sick mind as me:D

George Simmons wrote:

Bet you where just about to race out and buy one. You sick puppy...:dude: imagine how many of our wifes would give us permission to have bought our first controller if somehow we worked the words "strap-on" into the description of what we were buying.

I admit, I chucked to myself while typing in the title. I like my lights; alot, but not quite that much :P

Max-Paul wrote:

George Simmons wrote:

Bet you where just about to race out and buy one. You sick puppy...:dude: imagine how many of our wife's would give us permission to have bought our first controller if somehow we worked the words "strap-on" into the description of what we were buying.
I know a few that would take a sudden interest into LOR if that were an "option".

caniac wrote:

Max-Paul wrote:
George Simmons wrote:

Bet you where just about to race out and buy one. You sick puppy...:dude: imagine how many of our wife's would give us permission to have bought our first controller if somehow we worked the words "strap-on" into the description of what we were buying.
I know a few that would take a sudden interest into LOR if that were an "option".

guess LOR will have to establish a "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy... :P:P:P:P

jimswinder wrote:

caniac wrote:
Max-Paul wrote:
George Simmons wrote:

guess LOR will have to establish a "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy... :P:P:P:P
referring to a few ex-wives/former GF's.

George Simmons wrote:

thanks now I have spit all over my monitor!

Too funny!

Would the 2 straps have been enough to hold the box in place without having added the handle? (Did you try it that way and have an issue?)
The handle would cause a storage issue for me, but I admit I would like to have it when lugging them out to the yard. And I can see where that would be a point to attach a safety cable.

amcdonald307 wrote:

And I can see where that would be a point to attach a safety cable.

I agree...every strap-on should have a safety cable.

What?:cool:

I was thinking you were trying to figure out how to go dancing around your driveway with lights wrapped around your arms, legs, and body... Kinda like that illuminat group....

bobschm wrote:

amcdonald307 wrote:

yes I could see where a safety cable is desirable. Wouldn't want to loose anything. :)

PaulXmas wrote:

George Simmons wrote:

thanks now I have spit all over my monitor!

Too funny!

Well, guess it's a guy thing, cuz I thought this forum was about to go XXX and go viral....LOL

Guest wbottomley

Max-Paul wrote:

bobschm wrote:
amcdonald307 wrote:

yes I could see where a safety cable is desirable. Wouldn't want to loose anything. ;)

A "Harden" criminal might runaway with it.