Light-O-Rama Forums

DMX Enttec support is coming very soon

paulanator

I emailed support on Thursday asking about DMX, and recieved this response back today:

"The S3 software will be out late next week. It does support DMX dongles, specifically the ENtec Standard and PRO models"

Very exciting on two fronts, barring any huges issues of course....

For those interested, here are the specs on the Enttec USB Pro

http://www.enttec.com/index.php?main_menu=Products∏=70304&show=description

• 2 weeks later...

Well I wont be holding my breath for the release - but whenever it does get here, thats great. I had no idea the dongle would be Enttec (I just happened to buy an Enttec for testing some DMX stuff) so that worked out great.

Hey that is good luck, no kidding.

I got the Enttec USB Pro, I am just waiting.. holding my.... b..r..e..a..t..h........

:o

Just so everyone knows as well, I just ordered the Open DMX dongle from the Enttec website and they are currently backordered!
Not a long lead time as the sales rep called me yesterday and let me know that more should be arriving by next week. In return, he offered to send me an "open box" one for a discount! I took him up on the offer.

GREAT, GREAT customer service, if you ask me!

paulanator wrote:

"The S3 software will be out late next week. It does support DMX dongles, specifically the ENtec Standard and PRO models"

Wow, those weeks must be REAL long out there...

Different time zone. Maybe a metric time zone. Or The Twilight Zone.

Whenever it arrives, it's gonna be great and we'll drool over ourselves to try the new stuff.

Now if I can just find my drool bib, I'll be ready. . .

As I sit here reading the DMX parts of the manual.. it sounds really slick the way it is incorporated in the new version...

• The topic was locked