Light-O-Rama Forums

Play Ball!

Guest guest

George Simmons wrote:

Tomorrow should be a barn-burner.

You were right...it was.

Tigers need to wrap it up tonite...do NOT want to go back to NY, even with Fister pitching....no desire to face Ivan Nova a second time.

CKSedg wrote:

Wimpy baseball players! Virtually nothing stops a good football game.

OMG! You want to talk about a wimpy sport?! Let's talk about football... These guys have enough padding on to survive being hit by a truck, and they still whine and complain... "oooo my hamstring" and "ouchie, my pinkie hurts" and " ooo ooo ooo I gotta hangnail". And talk about boring!!! Here's a game that takes 3 hours to play a 1 hour game in which there is about 12 minutes of actual playing time. That's 4 minutes of action per HOUR. Can you say mind numbing? It's nearly as bad as watching golf! Think of how much sequencing you could get done in the 3 hours it takes to watch a football game... (well, now that I think about it, you can get about 2 hours and 48 minutes of sequencing done and STILL watch all the action...

Now with hockey, you get a full 60 minutes of action in a game. And you don't have any wimps in hockey... a guy gets a skate cut and needs 78 stitches, and he's back on the ice in the next period. That's a REAL man's sport.

Underwear ON> :P

D.T.

DownTown wrote:

CKSedg wrote:
Wimpy baseball players! Virtually nothing stops a good football game.

OMG! You want to talk about a wimpy sport?! Let's talk about football... These guys have enough padding on to survive being hit by a truck, and they still whine and complain... "oooo my hamstring" and "ouchie, my pinkie hurts" and " ooo ooo ooo I gotta hangnail". And talk about boring!!! Here's a game that takes 3 hours to play a 1 hour game in which there is about 12 minutes of actual playing time. That's 4 minutes of action per HOUR. Can you say mind numbing? It's nearly as bad as watching golf! Think of how much sequencing you could get done in the 3 hours it takes to watch a football game... (well, now that I think about it, you can get about 2 hours and 48 minutes of sequencing done and STILL watch all the action...

Now with hockey, you get a full 60 minutes of action in a game. And you don't have any wimps in hockey... a guy gets a skate cut and needs 78 stitches, and he's back on the ice in the next period. That's a REAL man's sport.

Underwear ON> :D

D.T.

That made me laugh! I love football, but it was funny to read your explanation of the game. Now if you want to see real toughness, watch a rugby game! But I still love football and my BYU Cougars! [by the way---my whole point was that a football game doesn't get postponed; but thanks for the laugh!]

Some might call it unseemly for a Yankee fan to complain after such a rousing victory (or shall we call it a "trouncing"), but since I often don't care what people think I'm not going to let that stop me.

After watching all four games of the NY/DET series, the one thing I'm still waiting to see is competent umpiring. You'd think that among the best of all umpires, which is what we're supposed to be seeing in the post-season, AT LEAST ONE OF THEM would have a working relationship with the strike zone. So far, that hasn't happened. Tonight, it was about 50%. What a disgrace! If they can't call the strike zone the way the rule book says then maybe it's time to let computers take over that task. This is getting ridiculous...

George Simmons wrote:

After watching all four games of the NY/DET series, the one thing I'm still waiting to see is competent umpiring. You'd think that among the best of all umpires, which is what we're supposed to be seeing in the post-season, AT LEAST ONE OF THEM would have a working relationship with the strike zone. So far, that hasn't happened. Tonight, it was about 50%. What a disgrace! If they can't call the strike zone the way the rule book says then maybe it's time to let computers take over that task. This is getting ridiculous...

Have to agree...they can blame the raindrops in the first two games, but the inconsistency is frustrating. (Hall of Fame pitchers like George and I get really annoyed with an inconsistent strike zone...:P:D:D)

Luckily, losing 10-1 versus 2-1 means the same: one loss. Granderson stepped up, Burnett got some breaks, and Detroit didn't cash in when they could have. A couple runs in the first inning would have been huge...

Championship teams must win big games on the road...if the Tigers are one of those, Thursday night will show it.

Well, at least your accelerated aging stopped when the game ended... Congratulations! I wish I had more to complain about. The umpiring still sucked - maybe it was even the worst example of balls and strikes yet in the series, but the better team won. Championship teams are ones who get more than one run when they have bases loaded and one out and their big boppers up TWICE in a game. The good news is that while us Yankee fans have already begun counting down the days until pitchers and catchers report, we'll have more time to sequence while you Tigers fans are wasting your sequencing time glued to the TV set...

[align=center]WH..?? WHA..?? WHAAAAAAT??!!

YOU HAVE TIME TO WATCH??!! :shock:

YOU SHOULD BE SEQUENCING!!
Now.. TURN OFF THAT TV AND GET BACK TO WORK!! :X

SOME OF YOU HAVE THINGS TO BUILD
FOR US TO SHAKE OUR HEADS IN AMAZEMENT TO!![/align]

jk!! :)

rmturner54 wrote:

How sweet it is.....A-Rod again makes last out of Yankee season.

Interesting or bizarre? Ryan Howard also made the last out for the Phillies in the last two postseasons...

So out of all the offered pairings, only 2 (besides "other"), still remain...and they got all of like 2 votes.

Which is why we're all doing LOR sequencing, rather than baseball predictions on ESPN...:D

And Jeff..don't forget my undefeated 4-0 Lions playing tonite on monday night for the first time in 10 years...

Eagles and Lions (with all due respect to the Bills) would have to be two of the biggest surprises of the year so far...for two very opposite reasons.