Light-O-Rama Forums

Play Ball!

Guest guest

If you're any kind of baseball fan, you HAD to enjoy this last week with the wild card races...

And now the fun begins...my beloved Tigers heading to NY for a repeat of the 2006 series...sporting a 30-9 record since mid-August...

Playoff predictions anyone?

DonFL wrote:

If you're any kind of baseball fan, you HAD to enjoy this last week with the wild card races...

And now the fun begins...my beloved Tigers heading to NY for a repeat of the 2006 series...sporting a 30-9 record since mid-August...

Playoff predictions anyone?

Hey Don -

Sorry to say, but the gut feeling is that your Tigers are toast. It's gonna be the Acela Series - Philly and the Yanks.

See you in the spring :P

D.T.

Yea, collapse complete...I know those kinds of September collapses (see Detroit Tigers, 2009 version).

My hope was for a home series against Boston..no desire to take on TB and their pitching in a short series. Instead, LA rolled over for TX and let them get that second slot.

So instead, will have to ruin George's week...:P

DonFL wrote:

So instead, will have to ruin George's week...:P

For a Yankees fan, it's all gravy from this point forward. Regardless of how things end up in October/November seeing the words "historic collapse" and "Red Sox" in the same sentence will continue to warm my heart all throughout the winter.

Hey what about the Indians?!? They are going all the way, especially since they exclusively had the best record in all the MLB through the first half of the season! :(

Oh wait...never mind...that's right, they are from Cleveland, and we'll never win anything here, no matter how good things look. :(

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Hey what about the Indians?!? They are going all the way, especially since they exclusively had the best record in all the MLB through the first half of the season! :(

Oh wait...never mind...that's right, they are from Cleveland, and we'll never win anything here, no matter how good things look. :(

Yea, Ubaldo really got it done for you...:(

The Tigers LOVED seeing him pitch..:D

But hey, don't worry...you only gave away your top 3 prospects and half the farm system for him...:D

Dan Ancona wrote:

Gota stick with my buddy, George on this one! Yanks / Phils. Then Yanks!

Geez Dan... sniff, sniff... kinda makes me wish I hadn't said some of the things I probably said about you, or your heritage, or your mom's foot odor...

But you've definitely got good taste when it comes to Baseball! Go Yanks!

LightsinMaine wrote:

Cleveland is a pretty nice town (tongue in cheek). Been there a few times for A Christmas Story House and Rock & Roll Hall of Fame...

I honestly don't care much for Cleveland (the city). I have lived in NE Ohio my whole life about 45 minutes south of Cleveland, so I have no allegiance to the town itself. I'm pretty close to Akron. We do root for Cleveland sports though since it is the closest professional team town. But Cleveland the city has done a horrible job developing the city, particularly the lakefront (Lake Erie). I am not sure that we will ever escape "The Curse" when it comes to professional sports. It is pretty bad when one of the best moments in Cleveland sports in recent years was watching Lebron and his Miami Heat lose in the championships this year.

But watch out for those Browns! 2-1 start---best start since 2002!! (how sad is that?) Oh wait....that's right...they are the Cleveland Browns...never mind...resume your talk about MLB Playoffs. :P

I'll take it..a split in NY (but the 9th innning tonite had me worried..)...not to mention an MSU win at OSU, and another Lions comeback...4-0 heading into a monday night showdown with the Bears.

All in all, a good sports weekend :cool:

You should feel relieved - it took two acts of nature to snuff out Yankee rallies. Tomorrow should be a barn-burner.

George Simmons wrote:

You should feel relieved - it took two acts of nature to snuff out Yankee rallies. Tomorrow should be a barn-burner.

Yea, Tiger relief pitching had nothing to do with it..:D...Valverde always makes it nerve-wracking...especially in non-save situations. He was true to form today.

The whole weather thing, to me, has been poorly handled...the second inning Friday night was a joke, the foul pop slip in the 9th today was an injury waiting to happen..and watching Derek Jeter constantly have to wipe his helmet just so he could bat (albeit, a little extra drama thrown in...) in the 7th shows the poor judgment of the umpires, and probably, more to blame, is MLB leadership, Selig, et al.

Good thing is, its not raining in Detroit. Tomorrow night definitely will be a classic.