Light-O-Rama Forums

Servo Dog vs. DIO 32

Denny

I purchased the servo dog during the sale (incidentally, even though that sale is over, the sale price is still shown in the sales store) and am considering purchase of the DIO 32 when it goes on sale. In the DIO 32 instructions, it states that all ports can be used for servo control. If the DIO 32 were to be used only for servo control, is there an advantage of using either the servo dog or the DIO 32 over the other (other than price)?

On another note, I would recommend that the name in the LOR store be changed from "Servo Dog 8 Channel Servo Controller" to the same name that is printed on the box and owner's manual, i.e., "ServoDog DMX 14 Channel Controller." When I opened the box and saw this name, I couldn't figure out exactly what I had. At my age, it doesn't take much to confuse me!

Actually on page 28 it states that only ports C and D can be used for servo control so it would only give you 16 channels for servo control

really? thats good to know 32ch of servo control for 150 is not bad at all. not sure how I missed that lol

so then do you just use the 16ch conection bord to conect the servos to A and B?

Although I have no specific plans for them at this time, I did get the servo dog during the sale. When the Dio 32 goes on sale, I guess I will get one to experiment with during the coming year. If both are equal in capability for servo control, the Dio 32 may be the better deal, not to mention the ability to use the relay daughter board. Have been collecting servos, pneumatic components, etc. for a couple years with the intent of getting into animatronics, next year may be the year.