Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR Macro channels

goduke21

Does anybody use the 7 macro channels. I have read about them and tried to play with them but I just do not understand them. I think it is easier to just use the chase tool or color fade tool and turn on the channels I want. Am I missing something with not using the macro channels.

The macro channels preexisted the RGB channel groups and the chase tool. In the beginning it was much more difficult to program manually.

The macros still can offer some help. Sending too many commands may overwhelm your network. You may notice if you have multiple ccrs and are changing every channel at once that some commands appear to be dropped. Chasing through to turn a few on and a few off sends fewer commands too.

If you want to flash all channels at once you can set the resolution to 1 and then just set the color on RGB channel 1. One 50th of the commands to send.

The macros send a fraction of the commands too. You can program a macro chase or sweep and it runs with no commands after the initial send.

Click on my banner link below and DL the Macro Maestro tool if you want to see an overview of macros.

• The topic was locked