Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB16PC chanels 13,14,15,16 not working

maxall777

I built this kit and channels 13,14,15,16 will not work any ideas were to check on circuit board. the circuit diagram kinda contradicts itself. in one place it says RC networks orientation does not matter. But then on another page it says orentation does matter.

This is the only thing i can see that channels 13,14,15,16 have in common is the RC network.

Double check that it is the correct resistor network as well.. The one that handles the com chip and stuff at the top left of center is the directionally important one. But, sometimes the board sort of works with the wrong one up there, but a group of channels often won't work if they have the one destined for the top..

A picture of the board would help all of us here on the forum. as for those resistor packs are they different colors (i.e Yellow or Black)

The yellow one is the top horizontal chip, The black one should be in the Verticle spots.

The colors are not a reliable way to tell them apart. Nearly all of the kits I have assembled have had all the resistor networks in one color, usually black.

I did find after looking at all the network resistors that I did have 2 of them mixed up. I had the 470 ohm one for channels 13,14,15,16 mixed up with the top left one that is suppose to be a 4.7 k ohm one.

These two resistor packs do not just have different values - the connections to the resistors inside the pack is different as well. Once you swap these over, your board should hopefully work correctly.

Regards,

Alan.