Light-O-Rama Forums

The next phase of the sale?

scubado

Well, I went ahead and bought a kit. I have been soldering for years, just no time right now. Guess I will have to find time. The $50 savings will go into my LED fund for next year.

imawlkr2 wrote:

Well, I went ahead and bought a kit. I have been soldering for years, just no time right now. Guess I will have to find time. The $50 savings will go into my LED fund for next year.

You can solder one up in an evening easy.

KStatefan wrote:

Does anyone know what the Gen3 kits will be like?

From memory, so may not be quite accurate: Most of the parts will be surface mount, and already soldered. Mostly just the triacs & spade lugs to solder on. Though I hope the RS-485 chip will still be socketed, unless they make it PLC only, which I just don't see on a 30A controller. They will also have their typical card assembled kits as gen3. The nice thing gen3 adds will be the phantom loads, to allow LED to dim better, and I've read somewhere, higher power triacs, so the card fuses are more likely to protect them from damage.

WOW, Faaaaaast!! Ordered just after midnight, got this notice this morning..
--------------------------------------------------------
The following items have been shipped to:

TJ Hvasta
xxxxxxxxx
Mesa, AZ US United States
xxxxxxxxxx

using UPS Ground

The shipper's tracking number is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You can always find out the current status of your order by going to https://order.store.yahoo.net/OS/stat?yhst-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx+xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Name Code Qty Each Options
-----------------------------------------------------------
CTB16PC Kit (add options) CTB16PC-KIT-OPTIONS 2
xx 2 89.00
Enclosure = None
Heatsinks = Low Power HS (+0.00)
Output Cordset = None

UPS Tracking xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Supply Cordset = None
Subtotal 178.00
Shipping 0.00
Tax 0.00
Total 178.00

scubado wrote:

imawlkr2 wrote:

You can solder one up in an evening easy.

Well, with son's football, daughter's soccer, and me still trying to finish sequences...finding the "one evening" could be interesting to find. :shock:

TJ Hvasta wrote:

WOW, Faaaaaast!! Ordered just after midnight, got this notice this morning..
--------------------------------------------------------
The following items have been shipped to:

TJ Hvasta
xxxxxxxxx
Mesa, AZ US United States
xxxxxxxxxx

using UPS Ground

The shipper's tracking number is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You can always find out the current status of your order by going to https://order.store.yahoo.net/OS/stat?yhst-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx+xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Name Code Qty Each Options
-----------------------------------------------------------
CTB16PC Kit (add options) CTB16PC-KIT-OPTIONS 2
xx 2 89.00
Enclosure = None
Heatsinks = Low Power HS (+0.00)
Output Cordset = None

UPS Tracking xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Supply Cordset = None
Subtotal 178.00
Shipping 0.00
Tax 0.00
Total 178.00

Interesting...I placed mine at about 4 eastern this morning, so not long after yours (assuming you were mountain or pacific), and no shipping info yet for mine..:P

No need to panic..breathe deep...no need to panic...breathe deep...:shock:

Don, I was in Long Beach (JFK) when I ordered them, abt 12:20am EST, got the shipped notice at 9:28am EST.. 9hrs later.. These are the you-build kits, not partially assembled or even the complete $155 kit, just the boards. Lots of these in stock (well, at least two).. I'm guessing the less they are assembled, the quicker they ship.

Since the CTB16PC's went on sale, I sent Dan a PM asking if the CTB16K kit would be on sale later. Heres what I got...

Hello,

The 16k will not be on sale. Most likely it will be discontinued.

Best regards,
Dan
Light O Rama, Inc.

_____Original Message_____
Date: 2011-09-14 06:16:44
Subject: Sale question

I see the CTB16PC is currently on sale. Will the CTB16K also be going on sale later? Just asking.

So I ordered 3 CTB16PC's. If you was going to wait for the 16K kits, you may want to re-think it.

Tom Straub

Hi, this is my first time to write in this forum. I just had a question, I am not sure if anyone knows, but is the CTB16PC-assembled card going to be on sale or will it just be the kits that need to be soldered?

That my friend, is the $64,000.00 question. Not only "if" but also "when". My opinion is the PC's will be the next to go on sale, but you know what they same about opinions.

testraub wrote:

Since the CTB16PC's went on sale, I sent Dan a PM asking if the CTB16K kit would be on sale later. Heres what I got...

Hello,

The 16k will not be on sale. Most likely it will be discontinued.

Best regards,
Dan
Light O Rama, Inc.

_____Original Message_____
Date: 2011-09-14 06:16:44
Subject: Sale question

I see the CTB16PC is currently on sale. Will the CTB16K also be going on sale later? Just asking.

So I ordered 3 CTB16PC's. If you was going to wait for the 16K kits, you may want to re-think it.

Tom Straub

He got the same question from me due to concerns about PC kit availability..mentioned it was never a big seller.

It sounds like, he D/K series will be sunset and closed out, and then the gen3 controllers will be an upgrade/next generation of the PC controller.

Yeah The only reason I asked is I know the 16K kit and already have enclosures for the 3 more I wanted to get. I guess I can mount the 16PC in them instead, since their already painted and numbered :)

Tom Straub