Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR Controller acting up.

mcompanik

I got my new CCR on Thursday from the sale (That was a fast 2-3 weeks for delivery:P). So today, I got out the soldering iron and exacto knife and made it into 2 pieces. I set up the new controller as unit 11, Unit ID Mode: Normal, Channel Mode: Triples (RGB, RGB, ...), Standalone speed: 8, Resolution: 50 pixels, Strips: 1, DMX Mode: Both Macro and RGB Channels. (This is the way my other 2 CCR controllers are set up except with different unit ID's) I plugged in the ribbon, ran a sequence and I was getting pixels that were staying lit and lighting up as a different color. So of course, I was thinking that I screwed up the ribbon when I cut it. I plugged the ribbon into another controller that was unit 10, and it worked perfectly. I thought it may have been a problem with the sequence for controller 11, so I renamed that controller as 11, and again it worked perfectly. I double and then triple checked my settings, they were correct, so then I reset the controller and tried again with the same result. Bottom line, I believe I have a bad CCR Controller. I will call LOR on Monday and I am sure that I will get the same excellent service that I have always gotten from LOR. I will keep you posted.

• The topic was locked