Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR integration question

T. Bennett

I currently have 4 controllers and looking at getting my first ccr (already ordered). This raises a lot of questions, but two i would like to address 1st...

1) I currently have Basic+, with the additional controller (for the CCR), will an update to Standard be required?

2) Last year I only had 1 controller, ran with the standard USB- RJ45 Serial Adapter. With 3 more controllers and the CCR, do I need to upgrade to the USB - RJ45 with booster?

Thanks in advance...

Tim

T. Bennett wrote:

I currently have 4 controllers and looking at getting my first ccr (already ordered).  This raises a lot of questions, but two i would like to address 1st...

1) I currently have Basic+, with the additional controller (for the CCR), will an update to Standard be required?

2) Last year I only had 1 controller, ran with the standard USB- RJ45 Serial Adapter.  With 3 more controllers and the CCR, do I need to upgrade to the USB - RJ45 with  booster?

Thanks in advance...

Tim

Basic + only supports 4 controllers the CCR would make 5, you should upgrade

#2 not necessarily, you should be fine

Guest Don Gillespie

Jeff Millard wrote:

T. Bennett wrote:
...USB - RJ45 with booster?...

The USB-485B (with booster) is used to power accessories that aren't self powered. The Electronic Light Linkers are an example of a device that requires an outside power source. They can be powered from a controller, or also from the USB-485B.

Please don't read anything into my post. I am simply explaining the use USB-485B as a device that can power other devices. There is no need to get alarmed that LOR has done something wrong and needs to fix something just because I posted what the USB-485B is for.

Jeff

LMAO where do you come up with this stuff, made my day, I am thinking post of the day :D

• The topic was locked