Light-O-Rama Forums

When did this happen?

Guest guest

Yes, I did a search to see if this had been mentioned and could find nothing on it.

Okay, clicked a link I had for the LORsequences.com site to see what may be new and available and found the site is NOW BASICALLY AND COMPLETELY GONE! It used to be a free repository and sharing site for LOR Sequences of all channels and LOR software versions, now it has changed to a completely new site over on that "other" forum site (PC). And all the files that were there are now gone, some free ones still available, but nothing like it was, and now a lot of the sequences you have to "pay for" to download.

Anyone know when this happened?

And why the site has changed from: http://www.lorsequences.com/ to: http://www.bestsequences.com/ and been moved over to the PC forum files area?

Used to be one of the best places to locate free downloadable sequences for new folks to download and play around with until they could learn how to create their own, or modify those that others had shared on the site.

So sad to see that the LORsequences.com site has now been renamed and now incorporated into another forum AND not this one, let alone, all the sequences that were there, are now long gone and no longer available.

If you type in http://www.lorsequences.com or click the url here, you'll see what I mean about how the site has been drastically changed, the url will be changed to: http://www.bestsequences.com/ and send you to the files area of Planet Christmas.

Would have been nice if those of us, who, like me, had placed many of our sequences on the site, would have at least had the courtesy to be informed that the site was being completely changed, and would no longer be at the same url location, nor would downloading of ALL sequences no longer be free, nor would there no longer be a vast variety to download.

So if anyone knows the deal on why this went down, would you please let the rest of us in on it.

Thank you!

EDIT:

P.S. WAS ANYONE ELSE AWARE OF THIS?

Or did you just find this out from this post?

I Just know I wasn't until today, Friday 9/2/2011!

It is much to early to assume that all old files were lost, or not coming back.

Yes, some of the sequences there you have to pay for. That decision will be up to the person uploading the sequence. If anyone has a problem with paying for someones sequences, they can either not buy them, or complain to the creator of the sequence. I do suspect that there will be many sequences available, and a lot of them for free. Personally, a majority of the sequences that I will be providing will be 'paid' sequences.

As for why it's not here? Well, as a community we can't have it both ways. We get up in arms when changes are made to the forums here, yet we want the latest and greatest toys. For example: you mentioned that you searched for something having been posted about it, but couldn't find anything on it. Well, it's been mentioned in other threads. The Search function on this platform has never worked 'well' for most searches. (No, I'm not picking on you for the Search. Just pointing it out as a real world example of things that could work better.)

As for why things have changed ... I would suggest contacting Michael Farney.

Don, I didn't exactly mean in the LOR Forum, I had always though that since the name was lorsequences.com, it was associated with the LOR site here, and that's kind of what threw me for a loop when I clicked on the old link and got thrown over on PC.

As for the search engine here, yea, I know it doesn't work very well, but just wanted folks to know I *DID* try and utilize it first. You know how it is, if you don't try and use it, or don't say you tried to use it, first thing someone is going to do is say: "Why didn't you try to "use the search option" before posting, blah, blah, blah. So just wanted to CMOA in stating I did, in fact, use it, just didn't give me anything related to this particular topic, it did give me a few posts about lorsequences.com, just none about it having been changed and moved to it's new home.

Gee, maybe I should start charging for my sequences too. Wonder if anyone would really pay for them?:shock:

And that brings up a question, if you are selling them over on the site, how do you get paid for them if you do charge? And do you pay any additional fees to any other entity when charging for a sequence?

Would like to know more on how this actually works.

Thanks!

The issue isn't "UP IN ARMS", when a change is made that dosn't meet your expections or fill your needs, it is YOUR responsibility to voice your opinion (in a constuctive and polite manner). No responce = agreement. The one with the keys is the one with the decision power, beyond our opinion and suggestion we can like it or lump it. The option of Fee -vs- Free is an option that I personally would agree and accept, (let the author decide).

Check out this page for the details on how you get paid. In there is says,

"When charging for your sequence, set their price knowing the store works just like the Apple Apps storefront. It takes out a percentage to cover overhead, credit card processing, etc. Once you have collected $10 or more, you can request the money be transferred directly into your PayPal account."

jerrymac wrote:

The issue isn't "UP IN ARMS", when a change is made that dosn't meet your expections or fill your needs, it is YOUR responsibility to voice your opinion (in a constuctive and polite manner).

People voice their opinion around here all the time. Don't think we have to worry about that. From what I've read, anytime a change to the forum software is made, there are people who don't like it, and make it known.

(I agree with you on voicing the opinion. Just noting what I've seen posted with regards to forum changes.)

Orville wrote:

Gee, maybe I should start charging for my sequences too. Wonder if anyone would really pay for them?:shock:

I think Frank might be interested in purchasing a couple :D

Yeah I noticed this too and was mad because I was going to get a few sequences from there this year. But as evan.a pointed out...there is a backdoor to the old site. I am downloading the sequences I need before they take it down completely.

imawlkr2 wrote:

Yeah I noticed this too and was mad because I was going to get a few sequences from there this year. But as evan.a pointed out...there is a backdoor to the old site. I am downloading the sequences I need before they take it down completely.

Or, you could just go here. http://www.sequencecenter.com

Orville wrote:

Worth a shot. Maybe you should keep them posted where you have them. AND list them for sale at the 'other' site. Maybe you and Mr. PC could make some pocket change.:D

Why shouldn't we be compensated for our time and hard work?

I think I might upload mine...but just charge a $1.00...

to me, that is practically free...

and I bet those who complain will also be those who try and get their MP3's for free instead of paying 99 cents for them....

sheesh!!!!

Who said anything about "UP IN ARMS!"

I don't see anywhere that I stated that.

I was just wondering when the site changed and why, nothing really all that upsetting, with just a little about where all the sequences that had been there disappeared too.

Wasn't trying to make this anything more than that, and I m definitely NOT up in arms over it, was just curious.

I'm willing to pay 99 cents for yours, but no way am I paying $1.00 :D

jimswinder wrote:

Why shouldn't we be compensated for our time and hard work?

I think I might upload mine...but just charge a $1.00...

to me, that is practically free...

and I bet those who complain will also be those who try and get their MP3's for free instead of paying 99 cents for them....

sheesh!!!!

Orville wrote:

Who said anything about "UP IN ARMS!"

I don't see anywhere that I stated that.

I was just wondering when the site changed and why, nothing really all that upsetting, with just a little about where all the sequences that had been there disappeared too.

Wasn't trying to make this anything more than that, and I m definitely NOT up in arms over it, was just curious.

I was using "we" as a community, not "you" as in Orville. If the verbiage in my message left you with the impression, I was speaking of you, or directly about you, then please accept my apology.

It looks like Michael Farney sold the domain to PlanetChristmas. He may be out of LOR for a while based on his meessage on the old website.

www.farneylights.com

Scott T wrote:

It looks like Michael Farney sold the domain to PlanetChristmas. He may be out of LOR for a while based on his meessage on the old website.

http://www.farneylights.com

That is probably the biggest problem some have. I don't like typing in "LORSequences" and being redirected to PC.:D

PC makes my laptop screen freeze up, like its in timeout or something.:)

To me alot of the fun in this "hobby" is doing the sequence myself. I don't think I would pay for one or use free ones.