Light-O-Rama Forums

Continued Slow Forum

cenote

I am not one to complain, others may seems to think differ :(

Just wanted to make sure that the right people in the correct locations are aware that this forum is VERY VERY slow in loading. I dread opening this forum knowing that it will take far longer than any other page I go to on a regular basis. Are others still having the same issue?

Thanks, just looking for a solution :D

Chuck

I believe it has something to do with word count. When the number of paticular words in forum threads reach an astronomical number the fourm starts to automatically slow down. In this case I believe the offending words are "Summer Sale."

Actually, not only have I noticed a general slowness in loading some pages, I have noticed an onverall slow-down on all my Internet pages, including my Hotmail which for the past couple of days keeps timing out.

Could the massive amounts of down lines from the hurricane possibly be effecting general Internet traffic?

You're not the only one it's slow for Chuck. I've noticed it also - hard not to as it's the slowest site, by far, that I visit too.

We've had external testing running for a while now.

A very quick look at the testing logs showed an increase in page load times.

Digging a little deeper into the logs, it would seem something happened on 8/22/11 that caused the load times to increase, and stay higher.

Logs have been sent off to those who can fix it.

LORAdmin wrote:

We've had external testing running for a while now.

A very quick look at the testing logs showed an increase in page load times.

Digging a little deeper into the logs, it would seem something happened on 8/22/11 that caused the load times to increase, and stay higher.

Logs have been sent off to those who can fix it.

Thanks for your response. We appreciate the information. Hopefully they can find the problem and fix it soon.

Thanks Admin dude, just another FYI, noticed that in the morning hrs, seem to be much faster when membership login is lower.

Jeff Millard wrote:

Did anyone see the episode of Star Trek where they landed on a planet and it looked like everyone was standing still and frozen in time? But actually those people were moving, just really slow. And to them, the Trekkers sounded like bugs buzzing around cuz they were moving so fast...

I'll bet we're suffering the same thing here. Were going so slow, that it just looks to the website like we're not moving. They're going at normal speed, which by comparison is exponentially faster. So they can't hear our pleas because it takes forever for the sounds to be made. The gap in time is what is killing us. It's a catch 22.

Very well said. That just about sums everything up from a resolution standpoint.

Still pushing for a fix. Still tracking the load times. Still seeing the slow load times in the logs.

Yup, it was timing out on me before, had to reload a few times.
Further proof - I've done 2 double posts in the last week because the page took so long I thought I did not hit reply.

wbottomley wrote:

This thing is slower than the sale. lol

That was meant tongue-n-cheek.

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: