Light-O-Rama Forums

FM transmitter question

kissfan4

Your right, as I re-read what I wrote I left out a few things, and your certainly right, if your violating FS limits part 15 means nothing. The set up I have that I mentioned is all FCC part 15 approved, the entire setup including the antenna has FCC part 15 certification from the factory, it is plug and play basically other than connecting the antenna and various cables there is no assembly required.

The building we broadcast out of has a stucco front and with the indoor antenna it would barely get a staticy signal in the first two parking spots in front of the building. We added the external antenna hoping to make it a crossed the street and maybe down to the end of the block. We were surprised by the results. We weren't looking for a mile, nor do we need a mile.

Yes, the limit of length on the antenna is 9.5 feet. It is a little gray as to weather or not that includes the feedline. Campus coverage does have slightly different rules, and if there using a Carrier Current AM system they are able to broadcast at higher wattage. I should write the FCC for clarification, but we would be ok either way so I haven't.

Well, I hope I didn't sound like to much of an idiot, but I did a lot of part 15 research before choosing our setup because I don't want to get the NP in trouble with the FCC. I'm blaming my error on to much Turkey.

FP

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Max-Paul

• khawes

• aurickle

• james campbell

khawes wrote:

So I ordered the EDM, to replace this guy:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/100mW-500mW-adjusted-output-LCD-stereo-FM-transmitter-/250841914671?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6757dd2f#ht_3117wt_1396

Which is less than a year old and as of three weeks ago decided only to tune from 87.0 to 91.3, and of course the empty stations in my are further up the dial ;). Emails to the seller have thus far gone unanswered (DUH)

Does anyone know if there is an adjustment inside that will allow it to tune to the full range again (it would be nice to have it a s a backup)

oh and finally: I wish I had just spent the money on the EDM the first time (provided it lives up to it's billing :) )

For my first transmitter I bought the Rangestar version, (which looks exactly like that one) I'm happy with it for what its going to be doing.

Here is their manual, maybe it'll help.
http://www.dagcoelectronics.com/manuals/rangestar_500_mw_instruction_manual-czh-05b.pdf

hyperdriver3307 wrote:

khawes wrote:
So I ordered the EDM, to replace this guy:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/100mW-500mW-adjusted-output-LCD-stereo-FM-transmitter-/250841914671?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6757dd2f#ht_3117wt_1396

Which is less than a year old and as of three weeks ago decided only to tune from 87.0 to 91.3, and of course the empty stations in my are further up the dial :P. Emails to the seller have thus far gone unanswered (DUH)

Does anyone know if there is an adjustment inside that will allow it to tune to the full range again (it would be nice to have it a s a backup)

oh and finally: I wish I had just spent the money on the EDM the first time (provided it lives up to it's billing :P )

For my first transmitter I bought the Rangestar version, (which looks exactly like that one) I'm happy with it for what its going to be doing.

Here is their manual, maybe it'll help.
http://www.dagcoelectronics.com/manuals/rangestar_500_mw_instruction_manual-czh-05b.pdf

Thank you.
it looks like the "max frequency" feature got set low. I'll have to see if I can raise it.