Light-O-Rama Forums

Wireless Remote Control Triggers

Guest Guest

Thanks for that, very interesting...

I am wanting to use triggers in some form this year, just haven't figured out quite what to do yet...

This just expands the options :P:)

cheers

Trebs wrote:

I am wanting to use triggers in some form this year, just haven't figured out quite what to do yet...

I have a 5 minute break between shows where the kids (adults) can come up and push my Trigger Buttons which activate different 5-6 second sequences with sound effects...most of which are from he THX Robot sound bite...

Thanks Jim, sounds like a great idea... As last year was my first show I didn't have too many people past, although by the end it had certainly grown by word of mouth, so not sure if they would stick around long enough to "play" between sequences. Actually, a lot of people didn't realise until we talked to them that the lights were even synched to music, even though the sign was there etc, just a bit too "new" for a lot of people in our area. Will have a speaker setup as well this year so that should change...

I was hoping to have an animated snowman fight triggered by a button that could happen at the same time as the musical sequences were running, but not sure if I will have a spare controller by the time I do everything else I want to!!(need 16 channels for my current "fight" sequence) :P

I am learning a lot from you guys on this forum and appreciate it big time :)

cheers Trebs

Trebs wrote:

Will have a speaker setup as well this year so that should change...

**I have a nice pair of outdoor stereo speakers...but I have always had as many outside of their cars as people who stay in them..**

I was hoping to have an animated snowman fight triggered by a button

** I had planned that last year..wanted to do it this year also, but it is at the bottom of my to-do list...so maybe next year**

that could happen at the same time as the musical sequences were running, but not sure if I will have a spare controller by the time I do everything else I want to!!(need 16 channels for my current "fight" sequence) :P

**You will also need a separate PC or Director then, as you cannot run your show and a trigger at the same time**

Guest wbottomley

Jeff Millard wrote:

Oh, and I almost forgot... William, I appologize for using a portion of your photo without your permission. I didn't see any watermark, however I didn't look very closely. Please forgive me and if you feel it's necessary, I'll ask the admin to remove it. :(

Jeff :cool:

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

You should see how I bypass a GFCI outlet. :D

William, what are you using the remote trigger mostly for? Seems like a great idea for maybe testing while your outside, to be able to fire at will, and maybe when your trying to film too :D

This whole thing fascinates me, but I am mentally challenged when it comes to circuits, etc...I wish there was someone in the Central Florida area that could teach me. :?

Guest wbottomley

cenote wrote:

William, what are you using the remote trigger mostly for? Seems like a great idea for maybe testing while your outside, to be able to fire at will, and maybe when your trying to film too :)

You can use it for that... but, It's Santa's magical remote. :D

wbottomley wrote:

cenote wrote:
William, what are you using the remote trigger mostly for? Seems like a great idea for maybe testing while your outside, to be able to fire at will, and maybe when your trying to film too :)

You can use it for that... but, It's Santa's magical remote. :D

WOW!! That's STRONG signal to work all the way from the North Pole!!!!!

cenote wrote:

William, what are you using the remote trigger mostly for? Seems like a great idea for maybe testing while your outside, to be able to fire at will, and maybe when your trying to film too ;)

Chuck,

I can tell you one thing William has used it for.

At a Carolina Convention a few years ago, I was doing a presentation. As I referenced and pointed at a prop, William in the back of the room, triggered the sequences and it looked like MAGIC ! almost....

We all know William likes to talk, so he was in conversation with someone and lost track of my presentation
...... so finally I had to shout out "Number 5", kinda spoiled some of the magic. :)

Guest wbottomley

JBullard wrote:

cenote wrote:
William, what are you using the remote trigger mostly for? Seems like a great idea for maybe testing while your outside, to be able to fire at will, and maybe when your trying to film too :D

Chuck,

I can tell you one thing William has used it for.

At a Carolina Convention a few years ago, I was doing a presentation. As I referenced and pointed at a prop, William in the back of the room, triggered the sequences and it looked like MAGIC ! almost....

We all know William likes to talk, so he was in conversation with someone and lost track of my presentation
...... so finally I had to shout out "Number 5", kinda spoiled some of the magic. :P

John... that was a classic. I'll never forget that one. It was too funny in the end.