Light-O-Rama Forums

iDMX and LOR problem

Jay Czerwinski

I can not get the LOR sequence to light up the device with what appears to be the same exact settings.

It's late and I was desperate, so I upgraded my Standard to Advanced thinking the # of units might be the problem.

I am using the SnowVision 10 tubes of light. And, I can get them all to work on 480 channels on unit E0 in the console of the hardware utility, but no joy in the animation editor... not even one pixel.

Any help would be appreciated -- I'm waiting for my email with the Advanced licence code to see if that is the problem.....

Just asking, have you drawn the lights in the animation window? They won't appear unless you draw them in. If you are talking about the sequence editor, have you made sure all 480 channels are showing in the sequence, and are configured correctly?

Jay Czerwinski wrote:

I can not get the LOR sequence to light up the device with what appears to be the same exact settings.

It's late and I was desperate, so I upgraded my Standard to Advanced thinking the # of units might be the problem.

I am using the SnowVision 10 tubes of light. And, I can get them all to work on 480 channels on unit E0 in the console of the hardware utility, but no joy in the animation editor... not even one pixel.

Any help would be appreciated -- I'm waiting for my email with the Advanced licence code to see if that is the problem.....

The Standard S2 software can only address 8 controllers. If you have the iDMX set to id # E0 then it is controller number 220 something. The upgrade to Advanced might solve your problem.

Just my comments.

Last year was my first time to run part of my show with DMX, Used the IDMX for the conversion.

My channel setup was:

ID 01 = IDMX with 176 channels (1-176 used)
ID 02 = CCR 1 (150 Channels)
ID 03 = CCR 2 (150 Channels)
ID 04 = CCR 3 (150 Channels)
ID 05 = CCR 4 (150 Channels)

No macros used on CCR's

All this was connected to a Mini director.

Watch my 2010 videos to see that it works.

Thanks everyone for the quick responses. It took overnight to get the email with the new key/licence code for my upgrade to Advanced. Then it took a full day at work (ugh!) for me to be able to get home and check it out.

That was the problem. Of course, I could have moved the address of the iDMX to within the first 8 controllers allowed, but I already have 6 and I am sure to purchase more IF there ever is a sale, so upgrading to Advanced was the right solution.

THANK YOU! I hope I get the opportunity to help in return one day....

Jay

• The topic was locked