Light-O-Rama Forums

2011 Sale Notification???

jimswinder

Dan Ancona wrote:

Am I missing something here? Why not purchase them now? If a person is in that much of a rush to get them (for various reasons) then bite the bullet and order them today. The cost savings isn't like hundreds of dollars.
What happens when you need lights and they aren't on sale at Wal Mart but you need your display up now?

Disclamer:
(above not refected to anyone in this thread - just venting)

Because according to the website, they are on back-order...hence I believe, the delay of the sale...

This controller is ready to plug in. This unit does not have the Unit ID switches found on the deluxe units so you must connect this it to your PC or Laptop to set the Unit ID. Once the Unit ID is set, this controller is ready to go. Note: This controller cannot run standalone it must be connected to a PC or a LOR Director Unit.

ON BACKORDER - Stock expected late August

CTB16PC - Ready To Go ( No Assembly Required )
CTB16PC-ReadyToGotrans_1x1.gif$249.95trans_1x1.gif

Dan didn't really mention anything about Try for free this year either. Could it be they are offering free shipping instead of the Try for Free promotion?

See below.

_____Original Message_____
Date: 2011-08-30 14:51:25
Subject: Try For Free

So no Try For Free this year?

Date: 2011-08-30 14:56:45
Subject: Re: Try For Free

That has not been decided...

Of course, there is then the PM I shouldn't show you..

Date: 2011-08-30 15:51:25

So you shipped my 10 free CCBs and the additional controllers today, right?

Date: 2011-08-30 15:56:45

Well, of course. And free shipping, as promised.

I'd much rather give you free stuff than send that Jim Swinder even one damned C9 bulb, much less a whole CCB.

Are you finding the copy of S3 I sent useful?

(Before anyone gets upset, I AM joking with the second PM...and will likely get sent to LOR timeout, but its been a lonnnng day on the workfront, and I think we all need a little levity.)

DonFL wrote:

(Before anyone gets upset, I AM joking with the second PM...and will likely get sent to LOR timeout, but its been a lonnnng day on the workfront, and I think we all need a little levity.)

I would imagine you meant to include ME in that statement when you said "and I think we all need a little levity"...

I was neither amused or levitated...

EDIT:

Before anyone gets upset, I WAS amused... :P

Now, me being a newbie as well.. I purchased my controllers back in March, not even knowing about a sale. This is my opinion to why Dan is doing the sale this way. Since he is out of stock on a lot of items, and shipments delayed for whatever reason, he is putting things he has in stock on sale to shut us up. When things arrive they will go on sale. He is doing his best. And I'm sure he is tired of all the complaining of a situation out of his hands.. I think we all own him a thank you for doing what he can.
Keep in mind that he is here for us, not to screw us.. Thank him, I'm sure he is beyond stressed. Just saying.....

DonFL wrote:

See below.

Date: 2011-08-30 14:51:25

So no Try For Free this year?

Date: 2011-08-30 14:56:45

That has not been decided...

Of course, there is then the PM I shouldn't show you..

Date: 2011-08-30 15:51:25

So you shipped my 10 free CCBs and the additional controllers today, right?

Date: 2011-08-30 15:56:45

Well, of course. And free shipping, as promised.

I'd much rather give you free stuff than send that Jim Swinder even one damned C9 bulb, much less a whole CCB.

Are you finding the copy of S3 I sent useful?

plus 110,,,that is what I call funny

Arnoldc wrote:

Thank him, I'm sure he is beyond stressed. Just saying.....

I plan on thanking Dan and ALL the hard working LOR employees with another HUGE order!!

I know there are a few who are complaining loudly, but most of us back Dan and the LOR products 100%...

Please don't take our having fun and giving LOR a few jabs as complaining...

I have nothing but praise for Dan & Co. His products are A+ and the support is outstanding. Yes, I am dissapointed at the way this sale is coming about, but I'm sure this is beyond his control.

As someone mentioned earlier, it would be nice to know what products will be on sale and maybe a timeline on when these items will be on sale.

No matter what happens, I will still be buying from Dan. If I don't get it by the time I need it, well, life goes on.

MikeH

wbottomley wrote:

Cool. I have some inside sale information here.

good thing we have someone on here with such inside connections!!! :P

Arnoldc wrote:

Now, me being a newbie as well.. I purchased my controllers back in March, not even knowing about a sale. This is my opinion to why Dan is doing the sale this way. Since he is out of stock on a lot of items, and shipments delayed for whatever reason, he is putting things he has in stock on sale to shut us up. When things arrive they will go on sale. He is doing his best. And I'm sure he is tired of all the complaining of a situation out of his hands.. I think we all own him a thank you for doing what he can.
Keep in mind that he is here for us, not to screw us.. Thank him, I'm sure he is beyond stressed. Just saying.....

+1

This will be my first year. I have 2 PC controllers and am going to purchase 2 more this time around, along with a CCR. I haven't been concerned about when the sale is going to be. My programming is pretty much done and I have no doubts whatsoever that I'll have my controllers before I even begin to setting up.
The controllers take like 5 minutes to set up and that's if you take a coffee break.

Don.....That was downright cold, but funny as all get out!
That was some funny stuff there. Don't care who ya are.....LOL

I've pretty much made the executive decision to not do a light show for Halloween. Although I've spent alot of money on lights, I just don't think I'll be able to get my hands on a controller. I've contacted ALL of LOR's vendors about the PC partially assembled controllers and they are ALL out of stock. (although there are a few vendors I'm still waiting on responses from) These vendors have also all told me that they have no idea when they'll be getting new stock in. I'm going to keep trying but right now it looks like there's really no options left.... Am REALLY bummed out.

marsh28 wrote:

I've pretty much made the executive decision to not do a light show for Halloween. Although I've spent alot of money on lights, I just don't think I'll be able to get my hands on a controller. I've contacted ALL of LOR's vendors about the PC partially assembled controllers and they are ALL out of stock. (although there are a few vendors I'm still waiting on responses from) These vendors have also all told me that they have no idea when they'll be getting new stock in. I'm going to keep trying but right now it looks like there's really no options left.... Am REALLY bummed out.
Did you see the post from HiTechLights??

he said he could get you some:

marsh28 wrote:
Does anybody know where I can get two PC controllers? This is my first year and my only plan was to do a Halloween show. I've already blown $500 on lights and its clear that LOR won't be able to get the controllers to me by October. Are there any other vendors out there?

Please shoot me an email at info@hitechlights.com we have some availability for immediate shipment.

Guest wbottomley

marsh28 wrote:

I've pretty much made the executive decision to not do a light show for Halloween.  Although I've spent alot of money on lights, I just  don't think I'll be able to get my hands on a controller.  I've contacted ALL of LOR's vendors about the PC partially assembled controllers and they are ALL out of stock.  (although there are a few vendors I'm still waiting on responses from)  These vendors have also all told me that they have no idea when they'll be getting new stock in.  I'm going to keep trying but right now it looks like there's really no options left....  Am REALLY bummed out. 

List the vendor's. You might have missed one or two we know about.

marsh28 wrote:

Am still waiting a response from Hi Tech Lights. Maybe they'll have what I'm looking for...;)

I just checked with my Northwest LOR Partner...he is totally out also...

Thank you for your interest in HiTech Lights. We have been swamped with emails and calls regarding availability of LOR controllers. We have posted two LOR controller items that have very limited availability on our online web store at…

http://store.hitechlights.com/Light-O-Rama-Standard-16-Channel-30-Amp-Lighting-Controller-CTB16PC-Special-Item-P2175833.aspx

http://store.hitechlights.com/Light-O-Rama-CTB16D-16-Channel-30-Amp-Lighting-Controller-Board-Heatsinks-Only-Special-Item-P2175851.aspx

If you are interested in having the CTB16D board & heatsinks put into an enclosure and have power cords wired to them, we can do that for an additional $75. However, please order the board from our online store ASAP, because once the boards are gone… they are gone!

As far as the USB RS485 adapters go we don’t normally stock these for-sale, have you tried LOR to see if they have any? If you are in a must need situation, I might be able to find a spare laying around here.

Regards,

Michael

HiTech Lights

Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 3:38 AM
To: info@hitechlights.com
Subject: ShowTime PC CTB16PC

Hi All,
Saw your post on the LOR site.
I would be needing at least one CTB16 PC assembled, two depending on price.
Also need one

USB - RJ45 Serial Adapter with Booster.
Any and all info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Joe Polenchar