Light-O-Rama Forums

2011 Sale Notification???

jimswinder

So ...is Dan's announcement that the sale will be announced later constitute an announcement in regards to our "Guess When Dan Makes the Sale Announcement contest? :D

jimswinder wrote:

So ...is Dan's non-announcement constitute an announcement in regards to our "Guess When Dan Makes the Sale Announcement contest? :D

What? oh, yeah....sure.

MikeH

For those of us wanting controllers....NO!!! For those wanting CCR's....I guess so. I am still a loser either way. :D

Does anybody know where I can get two PC controllers? This is my first year and my only plan was to do a Halloween show. I've already blown $500 on lights and its clear that LOR won't be able to get the controllers to me by October. Are there any other vendors out there?

The D light controllers don't do alot of the features LOR has like Flicker and a few others. I really don't want to go down that road at this point.

marsh28 wrote:

Does anybody know where I can get two PC controllers? This is my first year and my only plan was to do a Halloween show. I've already blown $500 on lights and its clear that LOR won't be able to get the controllers to me by October. Are there any other vendors out there?

Well...

depending on if and when they sell the new CCB's...I might be able to sell two of my controllers. But they are the Pro Series...

PS..Did you get my PM about needing your name for the SPT-2 wire?

Guest wbottomley

marsh28 wrote:

Does anybody know where I can get two PC controllers?  This is my first year and my only plan was to do a Halloween show.  I've already blown $500 on lights and its clear that LOR won't be able to get the controllers to me by October.  Are there any other vendors out there?

I can't find anything out there that says they won't be delivered by October. Is that an assumption or a confirmation from LOR?

marsh28 wrote:

Please shoot me an email at info@hitechlights.com we have some availability for immediate shipment.

wbottomley wrote:

marsh28 wrote:

I can't find anything out there that says they won't be delivered by October. Is that an assumption or a confirmation from LOR?
True, but to be honest it is pretty hard at this point to have any confidence about the controllers getting here on time. Also, I've never used the controllers before and I'm sure they take a little playing around with to get the hang of.

Guest wbottomley

marsh28 wrote:

wbottomley wrote:
marsh28 wrote:
Does anybody know where I can get two PC controllers?  This is my first year and my only plan was to do a Halloween show.  I've already blown $500 on lights and its clear that LOR won't be able to get the controllers to me by October.  Are there any other vendors out there?

True, but to be honest it is pretty hard at this point to have any confidence about the controllers getting here on time.  Also, I've never used the controllers before and I'm sure they take a little playing around with to get the hang of.

I'll tell you hard it is to use them. Connect the power to the controller, then connect the lights to each channel. Connect the data cable from the pc or show director to the controller and play away.

marsh28 wrote:

wbottomley wrote:
marsh28 wrote:
True, but to be honest it is pretty hard at this point to have any confidence about the controllers getting here on time. Also, I've never used the controllers before and I'm sure they take a little playing around with to get the hang of.

On that,you are incorrect, it is just plug and play,sort of. Get the controllers, plug them in, assign I.D's, connect the correct cords to the correct plug, and you are good to go. The only thing you have to get the "HANG OF", is where to hang the controllers.

marsh28 wrote:

I'm sure they take a little playing around with to get the hang of.
I agree with Mr Bottomley...setting up the Controller is quite easy...

the hard part is in the sequencing...

but I understand the frustration...there is that element of touching it with your hands and actually setting it up for the first time and SEEING it work...

Hang in there..we have all been there and experienced the "first year jitters"...

You know where to go if you need any answers when you get to your set-up...

I know this is going to sound dumb, but I'm looking to get (3) CCRs....and now I'll have to upgrade my S2 software. Does anyone know as far as if I get my CCRs now and upgrade my S2. If S3 comes out say Oct/Nov will I get hit with a big upgrade charge again??

LightsinMaine wrote:

I know this is going to sound dumb, but I'm looking to get (3) CCRs....and now I'll have to upgrade my S2 software. Does anyone know as far as if I get my CCRs now and upgrade my S2. If S3 comes out say Oct/Nov will I get hit with a big upgrade charge again??

Rumor is, if you got an S2 upgrade within the last 12 months, S3 will be free...

but the SuperStar Software, which is a great tool for multiple CCR's (CCB's) will cost you extra.

If you are a LOR1 user. The upgrade to LOR 2 was free and automatic. IT has been stated those user that have purchased LOR2 with in the last year prior to S3 would basically be upgraded for no additional fee, while those that have had license available sine S2 came out would be a minimal fee to upgrade.

I guess it doesn't really matter since Dan said shipping will be free...

but I wonder if, since there are "separate sales" that each sale item will also ship separately?

Am I missing something here? Why not purchase them now? If a person is in that much of a rush to get them (for various reasons) then bite the bullet and order them today. The cost savings isn't like hundreds of dollars.
What happens when you need lights and they aren't on sale at Wal Mart but you need your display up now?

Disclamer:
(above not refected to anyone in this thread - just venting)