Light-O-Rama Forums

When do you start setting up

TitusCarnathan

I was just wondering when do you start putting lights outside I usually start and the end of october beginning of November

Since I do a Halloween display, that's my shake down cruise. I get all my cords and controllers out and start the madness.

I start the first week of November. It takes me that long to get everything in place, because I have to do it after work and on Saturdays.

Depends on the weather forecast...

Usually start doing things second week of November...but if it looks like it will get cold and icy, I start early since a lot of my stuff is on the roof...

I start Nov 1st, and work on it nights and weekends, and usually I take a week of vacation in November to get it all finished.

D.T.

Don Gillespie wrote:

Usaully mid Oct for the roof work,I find it easier to walk on the roof without a bunch of snow on it.

why Don...that's quite the club you have there!!!!

jimswinder wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:
Usaully mid Oct for the roof work,I find it easier to walk on the roof without a bunch of snow on it.

And if that was me... I would still MISS the ball

Arnoldc wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
Don Gillespie wrote:

not me I would just slice it 500 yards instead of 200, I will be setting up the first of november.I have to move my stuff from las t year around the new lor stuff

james campbell wrote:

Arnoldc wrote:
jimswinder wrote:
Don Gillespie wrote:

not me I would just slice it 500 yards instead of 200, I will be setting up the first of november.I have to move my stuff from las t year around the new lor stuff
LOL I bet I'm the only one here that hit a guy BEHIND me with the golf ball... and yes, I was facing the right direction... That is when you know you are in the wrong sport!
Now, back on subject..

Arnoldc wrote:

james campbell wrote:
Arnoldc wrote:
jimswinder wrote:
Don Gillespie wrote:

LOL I bet I'm the only one here that hit a guy BEHIND me with the golf ball... and yes, I was facing the right direction... That is when you know you are in the wrong sport!
Now, back on subject..

one time my wife almost hit two guys on a golf cart coming to the hole we were on,and it was a line drive,it hit right in between them

The first week of October the garage is filled with Christmas. I try to clear room for my wife's car in the first day or two, then I can usually can get mine in after the weekend :P
8 out of 10 years I've been here, there was snow on the ground for Halloween so I try to have the yard finished before then. Once the ground freezes you have to pour hot water as you try to hammer stakes into the ground, and that's about as much fun as trying to find your extension cords under the snow.

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:

thats what my wife says to :P:P

Don Gillespie wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
Don Gillespie wrote:

says to who?

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:
jimswinder wrote:
Don Gillespie wrote:

says to who?

apparently to all her giggling lady friends...