Light-O-Rama Forums

Building a Spiral Tree

Mike Cole

Jeff Millard wrote:

Surfing4Dough wrote:
I agree Jeff...this new version is at least 1000 times better than your kindergarten drawing.

Wait, Mark Showalter made that "kindergarten drawing" :P

Mike Cole wrote:
That's it! That's what we need. Will this utility be available, and is it to be used with S3?..................................................Mike

That's up to Shannon. I'm fairly sure the props will be available. I think that's what we're all trying to do. ...and yes, this is all for the S3 visualizer. I just uploaded the 24 channel version. I tried to expand the same sequence out to 24, but got tired of it at about 2 1/2 minutes. It'll be ready to view in an hour or two. Vimeo has gotten very slow at processing.

Jeff

WOW!

MikeH

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• Surfing4Dough

• Mark Showalter

• LORi P

Jeff Millard wrote:

Surfing4Dough wrote:
I agree Jeff...this new version is at least 1000 times better than your kindergarten drawing.

I thought above you said that you created it by tracing his images (assuming photos)? I just figured you were lacking in tracing skills.

Jeff Millard wrote:

That's up to Shannon. I'm fairly sure the props will be available. I think that's what we're all trying to do. ...and yes, this is all for the S3 visualizer. I just uploaded the 24 channel version. I tried to expand the same sequence out to 24, but got tired of it at about 2 1/2 minutes. It'll be ready to view in an hour or two. Vimeo has gotten very slow at processing.

VERY VERY NICE JOB JEFF!!!!!

One question though...will S3 keep my Weber tree from falling over?? :shock:

Surfing4Dough wrote:

I am now getting nervous that maybe our displays won't looks as good as what we see in the visualizer. :shock:

my new Radio Sign... :P

Attached files 259572=14374-christmas-wallpaper.jpg

jimswinder wrote:

Surfing4Dough wrote:
I am now getting nervous that maybe our displays won't looks as good as what we see in the visualizer. :shock:

my new Radio Sign... :P

Just think of the cost savings!!

Or could buy a 16' screen for the front yard to project onto. And think how excited the puffers would be having a new inflatable for the yard. ;)
71r4EIrccsL._AA1200_.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/Open-Outdoor-Home-Projector-Screen/dp/tech-data/B000FGD2SQ

jimswinder wrote:

Jim, you're going to need the optional S3 "Skyhook" for that. :P

I found a early development pic of it in action. :cool:

Attached files 259588=14376-01-01-09_1628.jpg

jimswinder wrote:

"Screen inflates in just one minute!"

Wouldn't that be a nice setup time also?!?

Tim Herberger wrote:

jimswinder wrote:

Jim, you're going to need the optional S3 "Skyhook" for that. :P

I found a early development pic of it in action. :cool:

Well, now that you have posted the photo, Jeff should be able to trace it to create the Skyhook for the visualizer (how well is another question:P).

Jeff Millard wrote:

. I'm starting to believe it would be interesting to add the vis instead. Have it as a backdrop to the animated charachters in the bay window...

I see if you "stop" your post BEFORE it actually finishes, you get a double post..

LIKE THIS ONE!!!

Jeff Millard wrote:

. I'm starting to believe it would be interesting to add the vis instead. Have it as a backdrop to the animated charachters in the bay window...

Why not go one step further and use the viz and projector to make ADDITIONAL elements for your display that show up in your window?

Jeff Millard wrote:

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Jeff

I knew this book would come in handy...

Attached files 259634=14377-Kindergarten.jpg

If you build the visualizer to an accurate representation of your house as photographed from the roof of the house across the street. All you need is a very bright projector, a laptop and a wi-fi connection, and you can project the visualizer right on to the house. Granted you need a wiling neighbor and no trees in your yard.

:P

• 1 month later...

Great job Mike. I had not seen this effect before viewing your thread. Cool effects. And really nice of you to share the sequence with those folks planning to make such a tree this year.