Light-O-Rama Forums

PORTABLE POWER PANEL

travis p

here are the pics i promised a while back of the power panel i was building i know some will view the photos and not like what thay see (disclaimer these photos were not asked for nor imply any responsibility on or to lor this unit was built to run my led display) all breakers are 15 amp all wiring is 12 gage the box will max out at 125 amps the feed pig tail is 06 wire with a 50 amp rv plug the hand truck will carry 650 pounds on soft ground if left alone it will tip forward i pad lock it to my house i installed an alarm system not shown here for my own reasons to give credit where credit is due the main idea here come from photos posted by wbottomley the reason its on a hand truck is i have m/s its easier for me to move it the power supply port is hidden under my front porch (no i did not cut the hole for clarity im replacing the deck)

Attached files 258215=14248-cover removed.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• travis p

• KStatefan

• Steven

• caniac

t purser wrote:

well guys tell me just how bad is it?

don't know if this counts for much but i'm impressed.I like the hand dolly idea,but I am no electrician so I can't relate the the guts of the rig

t purser wrote:

well guys tell me just how bad is it?

I like the portability idea...makes it easier as you modify display from year to year.

I always like seeing good clean wiring inside a panel..I just finished a 200A panel I added just for lights, and while I never ty-rap anything inside the panel, I can relate to the extra attention you need to give to keep it orderly.

Great job all the way around!

I only see a three wire cable for the input power, no ground. I too am not an electrician, but i was under the assumption that the sub-panel ground is to be tired to the supply panel ground. Only bonded at the main. I have a 200-amp disconnect that feeds my main power for the house. The ground is only connected to the neutral (bonded) at he disconnect, therefore wires from the power panel to the disconnect. Need a licensed electrician to chime in.

I would give you a capital "I" for ingenious plus you can post it in the thread of "using something for other than it's intended use".

OK- I can't quite tell, are those GFCI breakers? They kind of look like arch fault breakers. I haven't been paying attention lately, but the style I am used to had the white wire connect to the breaker.

Just wondering, did you ever consider hard wiring the two controllers attached to your stand and eliminate the outlets that they are plugged into.

Very nice setup!!!!! I like the controllers placed on movable arms.

Steve

i can assure you it is a 4 wire setup i don t like my buns fried.the neutral is tied to ground in my main panel if you look closely at the upper right side the ground is comes in from the top only 2 pc 16s installed will be 4 in the future i can t believe you all missed an important fact how many reciprocals do you see 5 specialty modified duplex top socket leg 1 bottom leg 2 no gfis yet but im working on those. :cool:

t purser wrote:

his name is the beast from the east
I don't know, I kinda like R2D2 though you need to strap a web cam to him as a finishing touch. Either way it is great work.