Light-O-Rama Forums

Handling Channel Configuration

Amie

thevikester wrote:

I am trying desperately to understand tracks..on the "see this" link it talks about going from 32 to 48 channels and starting a new animation sequence. [Text deleted]

Call me sometime. I'll explain it to you. Number at the bottom of my website.

Don wrote:

thevikester wrote:

Call me sometime. I'll explain it to you. Number at the bottom of my website.
Thanks Don...I am going to do just that!! Thank you

I agree with Amie something like a style sheets would be great and not hinder those that make sequences for others. Simply name a channel sheet for each display you do then if and when a channel change is needed say a burned up triac you edit one single file.. move one cord and bammo you're back up and running. Some say move the cords.. others say move the husband.. why not something even easier? Edit a line or two in a master channel db and all your sequences are set to go on the right channel... burn up a triac or few having spares on the same unit you will very quickly understand how nice a master channel db file would be. It sure would save time and as a guess be less than 100 lines of code to add to the current software if not less than 5 lines.

As a side note too.. those that use the same sequences for others and not change much, simply change the channel db file to reflect their customer's display and not open up 10-50 files to import channel assignments... just a thought :(